Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 02-13-2012, 03:28 AM   #1
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
And now for something different for tomorrow!

I am smart enough to realize that during the course of the preceding week that I was receiving hint after hint. Now being the normal procrastinator, my saving grace each Valentines Day has been the local Kroger for last minute dozen roses. The hints were regarding the same-old, same-old Valentines roses so I decided to be adventuresome this year. We have an Edible Arrangements location nearby so for something different the DW will be getting a couple dozen assorted chocolate covered strawberries arranged in a rose-like box. Hopefully, my time to shine will reappear tomorrow evening after work. What do you think, hero or goat this year?? Actually considered adding a Monty Python DVD to complete the "something different" theme, but I do not believe DW is familiar enough with them to appreciate it! She is a little younger and that was before her time!
Bingo

Bingo and Cathy - Our adventures begin in the hills of WV. We are blessed by our 2014 3850FL Big Sky (previous 2011 3750FL and 2007 3400RL) that we pull with a 2007 Chevy Silverado Classic DRW CC dually.
bncinwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 04:35 AM   #2
Captain Joe
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10764
Edible Arrangements huh? What else did you buy?
Captain Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 04:48 AM   #3
HOOK
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11401
Carefully , very carefully , as what she receives will directly affect your future. LOL Larry
HOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 05:06 AM   #4
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
She has been craving and talking about chocolate covered strawberries for a couple of weeks. I don't know if it was a hint, but at least she won't get her usual dozen roses. What else am I supposed to add Joe?? Come clean on your plans!
Bingo
Old 02-13-2012, 05:24 AM   #5
pineranch
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9765
Try this approach; "What is the ONE thing you would like to add to the RV". Then get it for her!
Good Luck,
Mike
pineranch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 05:27 AM   #6
Captain Joe
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10764
I'll leave it to your imagination. I am sure a store like that had more than chocolate covered strawberries. Also, don't want to create health problems for some of the senior RVers on this site.
Captain Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 05:32 AM   #7
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
Joe, I will leave that one alone, sheeeeshhh!
Mike, that reminds me of the saying:
".......and then the fight started!"
Bingo
Old 02-13-2012, 05:45 AM   #8
luvmywestie
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #11479
If she has been mentioning chocolate covered strawberries, you GOT THE HINT!!! Good for you for listening!!! You did good and will be the hero tomorrow!
luvmywestie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 06:47 AM   #9
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
So many times I hear the pressure is on the male half of the equation - there are exceptions but they are minimal. I'll admit that I've certainly made the better effort as the giver and DW has been the better part as the receiver. I also know the receivers like to compare notes with other receivers to see how the other givers did this year. Fortunately, it's mostly for ooohs and aaahs. Everything else is on the "that's nice" list. The point really is that SOMETHING was received. Whoa to the giver who didn't!

I say let's reverse the trend! I wouldn't mind a new set of wrenches wrapped in a red and white bow!

Oh my, but they'll be the wrong sizes or brands and not the ones with the features I wanted. Oh never mind, DW is a better receiver than I am. But it's good cuz I love chocolate covered strawberries, too and she's much better at sharing those with me, than me sharing my wrenches with her.

I JUST read an article that says we are doing our loved ones an injustice by getting "cliched" gifts - flowers, chocolate, lingerie, appliances, gift cards. DW read it and wants me to punch out the author because those are what she wants. I love DW very much for it but I think it's because she likes to get me new underwear, shirts, ties and slippers when she gives and I better like it. The rest of the year I buy myself what I want and need. This works for us.

Like luvmywestie states, Bingo, you let me know how your wife likes the chocolate covered strawberries and I'll let you know that my wife did the same.

Happy Valentines!
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 10:30 AM   #10
WeBeFulltime
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11397
You will be a HERO! If you want to be a DOUBLE HERO for her birthday get her a gift certificate to a nail salon or spa (or both). Worked for me.

Full Timers 9/1/2010 through 1/16/2020.
WeBeFulltime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 01:05 PM   #11
Hooker
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7915
The heck with chocolate, I'm trying something different this year, and something I might like to try once in a while...a bottle of Gentleman Jack Rare Tennessee Whiskey.

Here's what they say about it: "Gentleman Jack is Charcoal Mellowed before going into the barrel. Gentleman Jack, receives an additional "blessing" when it is Charcoal Mellowed again after reaching maturity - making it the only whiskey in the world to be Charcoal Mellowed twice, giving it ultimate smoothness. Gentleman Jack is full-bodied with fruit and spices, and its finish is silky, warm, and pleasant. When you drink Gentleman Jack, you'll always enjoy rich, rewarding taste."
Hooker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 01:23 PM   #12
mainer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10761
Those sound wonderful to me!!! I'm sure she will love them. Now throw in a bottle of wine and some bubbles for a bubble bath and she will definitely feel pampered....

Good choice by you,
Marge
mainer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 02:15 PM   #13
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
The only problem with the Jack Daniels and the wine suggestions is we are abstainers. Gotta confess that I did get her a little extra candy to go with it though (More sweets for the sweet). Might have to make sure the hot tub water is right this evening just in case she wants to take a dip tomorrow evening. Thanks for the positive reinforcement. Now for the funny part, she was talking about tomorrow evening and said she bought chocolate dip and planned to make chocolate covered pretzels and.........you guessed it - strawberries. Go figure, I had to tell her that she may want to hold off on the treats until she sees what she gets.
Bingo
Old 02-14-2012, 03:33 AM   #14
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
What is a guy to do with a wife that doesn't do chocolate and a feline that eats any flowers we bring in the house? I already bought her a 2012 Toyota Venza (at least she thinks it's hers)....
exav8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 03:50 AM   #15
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
Wish I could offer some help there Phil, it took me a couple of weeks to figure this out!! How about a Monty Python DVD: .........and now for something completely different..........
Bingo
Old 02-14-2012, 10:59 AM   #16
indy roadrunner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5634
Bingo, I am thinking a stuffed armadillo my be a great valentines day present for you.
indy roadrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 07:59 PM   #17
seahunter
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11675
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by bncinwv

Wish I could offer some help there Phil, it took me a couple of weeks to figure this out!! How about a Monty Python DVD: .........and now for something completely different..........
Bingo
Knowing the dry humor of Monty Python, I see a skit with literally a Monty python - a Montana trailer with a real snake in it - a "Monty python"... By the way, let us know how it went for your gift

seahunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 12:01 AM   #18
NCFischers
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8728
Send a message via Yahoo to NCFischers
How did things go, Bingo??
NCFischers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 12:55 AM   #19
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
I think I am officially back on hero status for a couple of days anyway! Brownie points do not seem to last as long now? Cathy ate five of the chocolate covered strawberries last night after dinner. The strawberries combined with the overture of taking Cathy to a movie of her choice Sunday afternoon seemed to go over well. She got to pick a "chic flic" so she was happy with that as well. We saw "The Vow" which I will with-hold my critical review of, solely for the reason that I do not feel properly qualified. I do remember a comment I made afterwards along the lines of........ "I think you owe me big-time, next movie we see has to have something along the lines of exploding cars, gunfights, or runaway trains!! She did not reply.......... Hope everyone had a nice Valentines Day and treated your Sweethearts well. I can now consider the day a successful endeavor into previously uncharted territory. Of course, now I have no ideas for next year, but at least have a while to think about it!! Perhaps I will have to follow Phil's suggestion regarding Armadillo's?
Bingo