Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 04-04-2005, 08:01 AM   #1
Montana_1424
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1424
Fridge problem HELP QUICK

We are leaving for Flordai in 2 hours, and come to find out, My fridge has not been functinoing on 120 AC. We have had it plugged in for a week now, I went to load the fridge today, and the CHECK light is on, indicating that it could not light via gas ( Gas has been off)
I reset it, and it sounds like it is trying to light, meaning my firdge is not working on AC. I have checked all the fuses, and they are fine, the fridge is plugged in. SOunds like it will work off of gas for now, but does anyone have any ideas at all???

Montana_1424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 08:26 AM   #2
CRUZIN 2
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3160
Kozzy45

What I would do is try to get it working on gas, with the gas being off for a while you may need to get the air out of the lines. Light the gas range to get the air out. Then try the frig. to see if it will light, if it does, let it run for awhile then switch it to auto. I'm not a pro at all, but trying to help, good luck, hope you get started on your trip. Larry & LaVonne
Old 04-04-2005, 08:30 AM   #3
Bob & Lee
Montana Master

M.O.C. #718
Also chech the fuses outside, I blowed them puting in my fan in the frig.
Bob & Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 08:31 AM   #4
Montana_1424
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1424
Thaks for the quick tip, I already did exactly what you suggested, it is now running on gas. Hopefully it will be alright for this trip, as long as that does not fail also. I currently have it on AUTO, but I dont see it witching back. I will have to wait unti I get to my destination, and see if it works there.
Old 04-04-2005, 09:11 AM   #5
Joyce H
Montana Master

M.O.C. #266
Ed, In order for it to switch to auto you have to push the gas button until the auto light comes on. You will not hear it or see it switch. With the auto light on when you unhook ground power it should automatically switch to gas - do not push the gas button or this will turn the auto light off. I know it sounds confusing. We leave ours on auto all the time when traveling and then turn it off if we are going to leave it stored for a week or so. Good luck on your trip to FL. Safe travel!
Joyce H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 09:22 AM   #6
Montana_1424
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1424
My fridge does not have a Gas button, just ON/Off and Auto. In Auto mode, when 120 is not preseant, it switches to Gas. Right now I do have 120 preseant, but it will not switch, it will only run off gas. I have hit every button, on off, auto, a milion times, I also checked the fuses out in the back of the fridge, I cant find anything wrong LOL
I am going nuts, leaving in 45 minutes. Right now it is working og gas, I will have to have a servcie person come out when I get to the Keys and look at it, I was just so nervous that the gas would not work either.
Thanks all for all the tips and tricks, and please, keep them coming, maybe I will be able to get it resolved LOL.
Old 04-04-2005, 09:27 AM   #7
mazeeff
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2055
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by kozzy45

My fridge does not have a Gas button, just ON/Off and Auto. In Auto mode, when 120 is not preseant, it switches to Gas. Right now I do have 120 preseant, but it will not switch, it will only run off gas. I have hit every button, on off, auto, a milion times, I also checked the fuses out in the back of the fridge, I cant find anything wrong LOL
I am going nuts, leaving in 45 minutes. Right now it is working og gas, I will have to have a servcie person come out when I get to the Keys and look at it, I was just so nervous that the gas would not work either.
Thanks all for all the tips and tricks, and please, keep them coming, maybe I will be able to get it resolved LOL.
I would try removing the 12v (as well as the 120v AC) power momentarily to reset the fridges logic board. It may have gotten hung up.
mazeeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2005, 04:22 AM   #8
Montana_1774
Established Member

M.O.C. #1774
Kozzy45: I had that problem. Don't know exactly what happened. Took it in for warranty work and dealer fixed it. The corrective action report stated that a 110 fuse and element was replaced. Have been out once since and all worked okay.
Montana_1774 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2005, 05:35 PM   #9
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
A couple of things to try. Our fridge control board is on the GFCI circuit. If your GFCI is tripped it will cause this problem. There is probably a reset button on a switch at the bathroom sink. There may be another in the living room somewhere.

Second is to make sure it's plugged in to 110v. The fridge, I mean. Open the outside cover and you should see an outlet with the plug for the fridge. I can't imagine this being the problem unless maybe you unplugged it for the winter and just forgot.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2005, 03:38 PM   #10
Montana_1424
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1424
Steve,
that was it, when I got to Florida, plugged in the vacume, and noticed all the outlets in the Kitchen didnt work, traced it back to the GFI in the kitchen, and sure enough, it needed to be reset. Fixed the problem, and also got my Hot water working again, on 110 that is. Now here is my next question, I was told that the Fridge and hot Water should not be on the GFI, they should have there own circuit, is this true, and if so, why is mine (and apparently yours) wired on the GFI?

Just a thought, I will check back in a few days.

PS, those of you that were interested in Boyds in Key West, save your money, I was very disappointed, and it was not worth close to the $95 a night price. I will have more when I return to Syracuse next week.
Old 04-12-2005, 11:00 AM   #11
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
I'd not heard they should not be on the gfci circuit but I do think they should be on their own circuit. Just my opinion. Our water heater is on its own circuit but the fridge is on the GFCI along with a slew of other things. Way too many in my opinion. I think the later models remedied this (not sure) but it's a continual headache on ours. Real easy to pop a breaker. Sometimes we'll be going along just fine and "pop", there goes the breaker. Vicki will look at me and say "what happened? We didn't do anything", meaning we didn't just turn something on. I figure the fridge kicked on or something somewhere increased draw. Who knows. Frustrating.
Old 04-12-2005, 02:29 PM   #12
Montana_1424
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1424
yeah, the other day, my A/C breaker popped twice, didnt understand it, reset it the second time, and all is well now. Might take this up with the dealer, and see what can be done. I definalty know my Hot Water is on the same circuit, becasue that was not working as well, until I reset the GFI, very strange to me, especially becasue there is a breaker labled Refridge on the panel.
Old 04-15-2005, 04:48 AM   #13
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Ed, I just checked our breakers and none is marked 'fridge'. Ours are hand-labeled so it would be easy to mislabel one, I suppose. Have you turned everything on and then turned off that breaker to see what's really on that circuit?
Old 04-15-2005, 11:10 AM   #14
Montana_1424
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1424
LOL
Nope, havent. We are leaving Fort Wilderness tomorrow to head back home, we have almost 4 weeks until our next trip (Memorial Day), so I am going to take all that time to check everything out, and probably re lable the entire panel. That is the only way to know for sure. Mine too, is hand written, so their might be a mistake there Someplace.
Old 04-16-2005, 03:43 PM   #15
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Good luck with it, Ed. Drive safe on the way home. I don't know which way you're going, but we're in Gatlinburg, TN, at Twin Creek RV Resort, if you happen to end up here on the way home.
Old 04-17-2005, 06:47 PM   #16
Montana_1424
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1424
Didnt even hit Tenn, but thanks.
I will be at the NE rally in Saratoga NY, if you make it up there, beer is on me.
Old 04-18-2005, 05:20 AM   #17
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Wish we could but we go from here to Goshen, IN, in late May, then west for some family commitments. Thanks for the offer. I'll take a rain check, though!