Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 10-20-2004, 05:58 PM   #1
fulltimedreamer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #919
Airconditioner Problem

The AC on our Mountaineer quit cooling. The coach is no longer under warrranty but the Duotherm AC has a 3 year warranty so I took her to a nearby RV repair center (instead of to my Montana Dealer 30 miles away.).

As it turns out, the AC unit has a factory defect. The motor mount was rubbing against the copper tubes going to the condenser and finally wore a hole in the line. They ordered a new unit today and have promised me I can pick the coach up on Monday.

This works out great as I'm pulling the coach to Tampa on Tuesday to take my daughter for a job interview.

I haven't had to take my unit back to the dealer where I purchased it for any warranty work. (No problems) Back in the summer a mobile RV service replaced an awning damaged in a storm for me in the campground where we were hosting. The service was speedy and done well.

After hearing all the horror stories with dealers and service, I'm wandering if maybe we're not better off being serviced by RV Repair Centers whose main business is service and not selling RVs.

fulltimedreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2004, 06:27 PM   #2
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
That really did work out well for you. I sure would not want to be in the Tampa area with out AC. This week has been in the mid to hi 80's and HUMID all week and the forecast thru next Wednesday doesn't show much of an improvement. You will surely need that AC down here. Where will you be staying in the Tampa area? We are just across the bay on Gandy Blvd. Maybe we could meet up for a cup of coffee or something cooler.

Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2004, 07:24 PM   #3
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Thanks for the headsup. Did they happened to say there was a whole series with this defect or did you just get lucky? (just wondering about ours). Thanks.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2004, 02:57 AM   #4
BillyRay
Montana Master

M.O.C. #607
80's!!!! what is that. it was so cold here the other day , I was looking for SNOW!!
BillyRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2004, 09:21 AM   #5
fulltimedreamer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #919
Glenn,

Her interview is in Temple Terrace. We have not made a decision about where we are staying just yet. Do you have any recommendations? We are Passport America members and it looks like there are several campgrounds in the area. How far is the location from a campground on the beach? Us "landlubbers" don't want to miss a chance to visit the beach. Maybe we can get together while we're there.

Steve,

I don't know if this is a wide spread problem or not. I stopped by this morning to see how things were going and they are expecting the new unit this afternoon and will install on Saturday. Duotherm is picking up the bill on this one, so we're happpy.
Old 10-22-2004, 09:24 PM   #6
Northstar
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1757
Thanks for the info. We are spending our last winter up here in Palmer,Alaska. We have just had our second snow dump and the current temp is running about 30F. We sure are looking forward to spending next winter in Sunny Florida. Keep us posted. Happyrving.....
Northstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2004, 05:18 PM   #7
fulltimedreamer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #919
UPDATE! I stoped by the repair shop today and the new unit is installed. They were just getting ready to test. I'm supposed to pick it up Monday A.M. What is this? Somebody who does what they say they're going to do, when they say they're going to do it. This is starting to restore my confidence that there still are some good companies out there.
Old 10-24-2004, 05:52 AM   #8
DrivesBGM
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by fulltimedreamer

UPDATE! I stoped by the repair shop today and the new unit is installed. They were just getting ready to test. I'm supposed to pick it up Monday A.M. What is this? Somebody who does what they say they're going to do, when they say they're going to do it. This is starting to restore my confidence that there still are some good companies out there.
Spread the word! This kind of service should be rewarded with Positive PR!

Craig
DrivesBGM is offline   Reply With Quote