Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Campgrounds
Click Here to Login

Old 09-18-2004, 10:01 AM   #1
Montana_70
Montana Master

M.O.C. #70
Disney's Ft Wilderness Campground

I would like to put in a good word for this campground for anyone who has not had the pleasure of staying here. I could live here! This is the most peaceful I have been in some time. I think it's a great way to do Disney on the cheap. It's a little hot here right now but in the shade it's quite breezy and pleasant.

I'm in loop 800 (Jack Rabbit Run) Close enough to walk to the Settlement Depot or hop on a bus. I can see Wishes fireworks from my site each night and walk down to the Marina and watch their little water parade. It's an easy boat ride to the Magic Kingdom or bus to other parks. I love the way Disney moves people around.

I think the magic is here too. Since I have been here I have been called for three interviews. I also got an easy back in from the drivers side site.

I have decided to stay until the 30th. If we get another one of you know what, I'll just let them move me over to Port Orleans Riverside and hope for the best. I have a friend joining me next week and we are going to have fun!

So if you ever get a chance to visit the World and want to bring your Montana this is one fine place to be. I see Deer everyday and the butterflies are all around. Saw a mother with four baby Peacocks strolling around this morning. It's not an RV Park, it's a nice Campground with all the entertainment you could possibly hope for.

It's also a great place to settle down in, for a short while, if you ever have to do a lot of running from hurricanes.

Montana_70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2004, 12:22 PM   #2
NJ Hillbilly
Montana Master

M.O.C. #242
We have stayed there before for a week without ever entering a theme park. There is so much to see and do for free. Don't miss out on the Seafood Buffet at the Yacht Club. Everything is awesome. Actually in Epcot the Italy area has the best Italian restaurant we have EVER eaten at. We had lunch there one day (waited in line for a while). On the way out we made reservations for dinner the following night.

Ride the busses, boats, see the wildlife at the hotels(is it the Wilderness Lodge that has the animals running around?) and tour all that Disney has to offer for free. We went to a Luau at the Polynesian late one night in the off season, the boats had stopped running so we picked up a courtesy phone and had Security give us a ridde back to the CG. Customer service is second to none.

Don't miss the nightly Fireworks, a good place to see them is from the roof of the Contemporary Hotel.

Have Fun,

John
NJ Hillbilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2004, 12:47 PM   #3
lightningjack11
Montana Master

M.O.C. #59
Plan to go back soon. My first time was for three nights. We will be going back soon.
lightningjack11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2004, 01:00 PM   #4
prariepoodle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #450
Send a message via Yahoo to prariepoodle
Good for you fla native you deserve to have some peace with a lot of fun on the side. Just relax and rest and enjoy your self with your friend. We will be waiting to hear all about it.
prariepoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2004, 02:28 PM   #5
Montana_70
Montana Master

M.O.C. #70
Thanks for your replies. I'm a bit of a Disney veteran, but my first time at the campground. You are right, customer service is second to none. Everyone has been super. There are several RV's in here right now as escapees from the Panhandle. They can't go home because of roads or whatever, but at least they can find some peace too for a bit. Some of them don't even know if they have a home to go back to. But at least they have an RV.

Plan to dine at O'Hana's this week and eat at the Prime Time. I will be putting my elbows on the table. I am also going to make myself ride the Tower of Terror and Splash Mountain. I have yet to work up the courage for Mission Space. I'm headed down to the Marina to watch the Electric Boat Parade and catch Wishes without any trees blocking the view.

Live is good! I have been blessed and I am grateful.

BTW: There is a Big Sky in my Loop that is painted Fire Engine Red from the below the Molding at the bottom from front to back. Very interesting. Haven't had the chance to speak to them because as most campers they are in the parks most of the time.

I hope everyone is happy and well.
Montana_70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2004, 03:47 AM   #6
Broome101
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1832
Does anyone have the link to make reservations directly with disney and not through some travel agent. Everthing on internet puts you to a 3rd party. Interseted in going to Fort Wilderness web site would be appreciated. thanks
Broome101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2004, 03:36 PM   #7
paparonsr
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #168
Hope this is what you are looking for. Fort Wilderness is a wonderful place to go. Have fun.

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wdw...count=3&bhcp=1
paparonsr is offline   Reply With Quote