Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MONTANA OWNERS CLUB COMMUNITY > Member News
Click Here to Login

Old 09-10-2009, 04:37 PM   #1
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
If you live long enough .........

If you live long enough, you may have some surprising experiences. My latest is to testify in a murder trial. Tomorrow morning at 9:00 AM central time, I go to a courthouse and sit waiting to be called. Both the victim and the defendant were my clients in the past. All I can do is answer the questions and pray that the jury will make the proper decision.

stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 05:19 PM   #2
TheCoachPotatoes
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3847
Good luck to you. It sounds like a rather stressful situation. Difficult to believe what people are capable of doing!
TheCoachPotatoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 05:43 PM   #3
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
Stiles,
That is one experience I hope we never have to go through. We wish the best to all concerned.

Dennis
HamRad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 04:12 AM   #4
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Art, I think Stiles is testifying, not waiting to see if he'll be called for the jury.

Stiles, that has to be a difficult situation for you. I wish you the best. I sat on a jury for a murder trial. I cannot imagine having to testify in one.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 08:06 AM   #5
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
Oops Steve, yes, he did say "testify" not "jury selection". Thanks... I removed that confusing post.
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 03:24 PM   #6
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
Our system of justice is not perfect, but I believe it is the fairest system in the world. God is the ultimate judge, we just do the best we can in the short time we are here to adhere to his Judeo-Christian principles that he handed down to us thousands of years ago. Our country was founded on these Truths.

Stiles, I know that as a man of God, you are blessed with the confidence that comes from your unshakable belief and faith in what is right. He will guide you and comfort you on the stand tomorrow. Remember they call that "CROSS" examination... Jesus went through a lot worse.
dsprik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 04:48 AM   #7
VanMan
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9
Stiles, while you are praying, you may also want to put in a request that you not wind up on somebody's "hit list".
VanMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 05:05 PM   #8
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
The court system being what it is, delays are common. Then when the prosecution changes the game, more delays come. I was supposed to testify Thursday, then Friday, then Monday, but tonight I got a call, so it will be Monday afternoon or Tuesday. I have a flight back to Washington scheduled for Wednesday. Just cooling my heels is not my thing. I see it as a test of the gift of patience.
Old 09-13-2009, 06:47 PM   #9
TheCoachPotatoes
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3847
I hope they are paying for your flight. They should!
TheCoachPotatoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 07:12 AM   #10
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
Yes, they paid for my flight, my hotel room and a rent car. The hotel is new and nice. The rent car is a four door Kia. I am pleasantly surprised at the feel and performance of the Kia. As with all little cars, it would get uncomfortable on a long trip, but for running around, it would be very satisfactory along with being quite stylish.