Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 02-15-2008, 10:04 AM   #1
osofine
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7471
Send a message via AIM to osofine
What is a "Sewer Valve"? in NO-FUSS-FLUSH?

Trying to use our No-Fuss-Flush System. Can't get the water to go in. It says open the sewer valve. Do they mean the dump valve? Hooked up the hose and no water goes into the system. Can't find the check valve - have no idea where it would be. its a 2003 #3280RL. Any help would be appreciated.

osofine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 10:24 AM   #2
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Hi Sherry and Bob,
No fuss, eh? would be good if they helped a little more on the explaining.. Like Ricky said to Lucy; "You got some 'splaining to do Lucy!"
On mine, I hook the water to the sewer flush, it is labeled on top of the inlet, I believe. You should open the dump valve so as to not over fill the tank, then is swirls around moving all the yucky stuff.
Don't worry about the check valve, it is in there somewhere.
Hope that helped.
Ozz
Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 10:32 AM   #3
osofine
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7471
But what if water doesn't seem to be going in? Or how would we know that water was going in? It should be coming out - right? No sign of any water coming out through the hose when it is hooked up. The water just seems to go nowhere.
Old 02-15-2008, 10:36 AM   #4
H. John Kohl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #311
Send a message via AIM to H. John Kohl Send a message via MSN to H. John Kohl Send a message via Yahoo to H. John Kohl
Not being smart but did you open the black tank dump valve? The flush system sprays water into the black tank. You will here it until the black tank level is over the flush spray end inside the black tank. If it is not working look at the check valve under the bathroom sink.
Good luck.
Cheers,
H. John Kohl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 10:37 AM   #5
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Are you positive you have it connected to the correct inlet? If you listen at the stool, you can hear it going in.
You may very well have a problem with the system, to check it out, you would have to get under the unit, dropping the plastic bottom covering. (Just some labor on your part.)
Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 11:07 AM   #6
osofine
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7471
Under the sink! looked all over near the toilet (since it's for the black tank - why would we look under the sink?) duh! thank you very much. muchas gracias! Now we will take it off and see if it is stuck.
Old 02-15-2008, 11:47 AM   #7
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
If that doesn't solve the problem, take a picture and post it for us to see what you are talking about. You know -- the old thousand words thingy.
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 12:02 PM   #8
osofine
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7471
will do. But I think it is the valve. when he removed it the water came thru the hose. Now we will pick up a new valve tomorrow and see if it works. That's one of the problems with buying used. You don't what doesn't work until you go to use it.
Old 02-15-2008, 12:18 PM   #9
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
The truth is, a lot of us don't know up from down in a new unit either. It is almost like having children -- doesn't come with adequate instructions. This is one major reason why this forum is such a life saver or at least a sanity saver.
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 01:40 PM   #10
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Stiles, how long does it take the Sewer Solution to fully dump a full black tank? I've heard it can take a very long time but I've never got a really satsifactory answer about that from someone I'd trust. Thus I'm asking you. That would be a factor for me since we often dump just before hitching up to leave.

I also have squeaky wallet syndrome and feel it would take a lot of years to recoup my investment in a sewer solution. So the payback would not be financial but would be in the other things you mentioned. That might be enough for me if the time it takes to dump a full tank is reasonable. I'd have to weigh the pros and cons. Thanks.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 02:02 PM   #11
8.1al
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1658
Steve,
If you want I will time it tomorrow when I dump. I have had the sewer solution for 3 yrs and like it.

Sherry,
It sounds like you may have found the problem,let us know how you make out

8.1al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 02:31 PM   #12
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Thanks, Charlie. I'm just curious how long it takes compared to dumping through the standard hose. I imagine water pressure available has an impact on flush time, too, right?
Old 02-15-2008, 03:20 PM   #13
Jolu
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7919
I have an 08 2955RL with a stuck valve. Just found out on my first trip the flusher would not let water in. I am taking it in on Tuesday for a valve fix. I do not have a valve under any sink or anyplace I can find. The line from the flush inlet goes through the floor near the trash basket slideout. I think the valve may be hidden under there. Since it is under warranty I will let the experts explore the big black hole.

Oh yes, I have to have a new decal for the front cap already. Cracking and peeling.

JB
Jolu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 05:03 PM   #14
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Ours is behind an access plate in the pantry. Actually, it's not exactly behind the access plate but can be found through that hole. Our model differs from yours so you might look for an access plate and check behind it.
Old 02-16-2008, 06:55 AM   #15
Dennis and Carol
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #53
Check your water inlet to see if it has a check valve. My dealer installed one trying to make the flusher work. The problem is the check valve will not allow the "Vacuum Breaker Check Valve" to work correctly. If you release the pressure on the check valve by pushing in on the center button, the flusher may again work. I did this a few minutes ago and mine worked fine. I had questioned the dealer and he said the check valve had to be there. Guess I will have to show him to make my point. Don't always believe what they try to tell you, it is probably wrong. Hope this will help some of you solve your problems.

Dennis and Carol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 10:51 AM   #16
osofine
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7471
Since 2003 the No-Fuss Flush has never worked because THE LINES WERE REVERSED in the underbelly! We removed the valve under the sink and I held my thumbs over line while my dh turned on the water slowly. the water came up into the elbow side which is opposite the way the arrow is pointing. So he cut it down a bit and switched it around. It works PERFECT. Just wanted to let you know the my Monty was built on a Monday or a Friday....