Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 04-04-2007, 09:42 AM   #21
garyka
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3662
I have the same year & model,same problem over winter storage.Fabric sheets didn't do any good.Most of the activity was in the cabinets between the stove and refrigerator.Don't have any solutions yet other than keep trying to find where they are getting in.

garyka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 08:08 PM   #22
jpkelpe
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2780
we had mice in ours this fall and I put some steel wool around everyplace I thought they were coming in at--no mice all winter until last week and we caught one in a trap. I used dryer sheets too and found traces of mouse next to the sheet--maybe he used it for his bed. also tried moth balls.
jpkelpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 06:32 PM   #23
Silverbird
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #5622
We have a 2005,2955 RL - The day before we were to leave on vacation, I went into the Monty to pack it. I saw something on the kitchen table and thought, no it can't be, not mice. I frantically started opening everything - they had been almost "everywhere" - in the kitchen drawers, under the sink, in the dresser drawers, in the bedroom closet. It was major cleanup - about 2 hours worth of hauling into the house and washing things. They even ate my one spatula top! I did not trust to pack things that night - set some sticky traps and waited until morning. In the morning under the sink caught a "small rat" on the sticky trap - yuk! Now it was another clean up and then pack. A year ago I had "steel wooled" everything I could reach - now hubby got in on the act. We had a sticky trap set under the sink during our whole vacation - thankfully nothing was caught. When we arrived home, we steel wooled every hole we could find in the entire trailer and put a piece of window screening behing the cold air return on the bottom step. It now has bounce sheets and sticky traps everywhere. Hubby gorilla taped everything he could underneath, but some gaps around wheels, etc. are to large to do anything. Does anyone know what kind of opening is on the heat vent that goes into the belly? We found some "remains" in the heat vent near the sink. We also heavy baited the sheds around the camper. "The war is on"!!! We had a Jayco TT for 13 years and never had a mouse problem - even kept deacon in it during the winter storage.
Silverbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 09:09 AM   #24
cmp-shooter
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3928
Been useing this fox urine crystles for 3 weeks now and b4 I was getting 1 or 2 a week on sticky boards alone..now since fox p- ain't got any on my sticky boards/ p butter, so it seems to work. will keep you posted.
http://www.critter-repellent.com/mm5...gory_Code=MICE
cmp-shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 10:06 AM   #25
cmp-shooter
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3928
UPDATE...after 2 weeks I got another mouse in my sticky trap ..which is about 1" away from the platefull of fox urine chrystles

guess I will be looking for another way maybe some didn't show up ,maybe this one "was" a tough guy.....
cmp-shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 08:35 PM   #26
Dave Nowlin
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7253
I use Bounce sheets in the trailer along with a plug in sonic unit and an electronic mouse trap in the basement. You bait it with peanut butter and when they go to eat it they get zapped. Sort of an electic chair uh tunnel.

Dave Nowlin
Dave Nowlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 03:56 AM   #27
thoun
Established Member

M.O.C. #1747
I used Bounce and traps in our old 2850 RK. There they seemed to stay in kitchen drawers and under the sink. This year we traded in for a 3400RL and I now have them scurrying around in the roof. We had the vent caps installed and so are clueless as to where they are getting in. Anyone have any ideas?
thoun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 06:04 PM   #28
gem19562

M.O.C. #7287
We too have a rodent problem. We bought our new 2980 in September last year and only used it for 1 week.This summer when we took it to Victoria,for our sons graduation, we just about could not sleep from the mice scratching in our ceiling. We do not know how they got there but we did buy a few of the sonic pest chasers. We put one in by the pump one in the living room and one in the bedroom. I still have mice. I have 5 boxes of poison in various places and everytime i go in the boxes are empty but I have mouse droppings on my counters and floor and table. We had a Sportsman 5th wheel for years and never had a mouse problem like this. HELP!!!!!!!!
gem19562 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 05:24 AM   #29
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
We have a ton of neighborhood cats. We do not have a mice problem..any where. I had a bunch of mice in our shed way out back..We left the shed doors open and It did not take very long before the shed was rodent free. We have a stray cat that lives under our rear deck..he is a very fat happy cat.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 05:06 AM   #30
Dustytuu
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2975
We use the electronic things. So far has worked well.
Keep trailer plugged in all the time.

I think it would be hard to cover every hole, where they could get in.
Dustytuu is offline   Reply With Quote