Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 08-06-2013, 09:37 AM   #1
WaltBennett
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13325
"Boobie Lights" (my wife's name for them!)

Our '10 Monty had the switches on every one to the outside wall where they were difficult to reach. Don't know if this is the way everyone's was made, but we found this very inconvenient, so turning them around was added to my 'honey-do' list. The larger one over the dining table was the most difficult to rotate as it's a conventional ceiling light with two screws into an electrical box. Loosening them, removing the fixture, rotating it, and refastening takes time, and my 69+ body didn't like the stretching. The other smaller ones were much easier (just three screws into the ceiling material), but when I loosened them there was a ton of debris that fell out. Easily vacuumed up, but why did they install those fixtures with the switches so hard to reach?

Old 08-06-2013, 09:41 AM   #2
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
They insisted for years that it made it look nicer to have the switch hidden and they never came off of that statement at any Rally. After years of being beaten up by the women at the Rally, however, you'll notice that on the new rigs those lights are activated with a wall switch. Not that Keystone was wrong in what they did, just saying.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 04:41 PM   #3
K0LCB
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13395
Most RV manufacturers are hesitant to change the way they do things. It takes too long to retrain the hired help.
K0LCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 07:45 AM   #4
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
I also rotated the light over the dining table. I didn't do the one over my chair (where the couch is supposed to be) because I very rarely use that light.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote