Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Tow Vehicles & Towing
Click Here to Login

Old 06-03-2016, 03:17 PM   #21
JABURKHOLDER
Montana Master

M.O.C. #18572
Never tried Timbrens before. In fact, I never heard of them until this forum. Personally installed airbags on my last truck, lying on my back in the driveway. Time consuming job. When it was done I was happy with the results and the control I had with ride height. Installed Timbrens about two hours ago on my new truck. Very very easy install. Hooked up the RV and got only 1 inch squat. Previously had 2+ inches of squat. The front never raised more than 1/4 inch. Ride height is now equal at all four wheels. This one is a no-brainer because I get the ride height I want without doing anything. So far I am a fan. Next test is ride quality with the RV, but not for two more weeks. Anxious to see.

Rule #1. The Chief is always right.
Rule #2. When in doubt, refer to rule #1.
JABURKHOLDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2016, 12:49 PM   #22
JABURKHOLDER
Montana Master

M.O.C. #18572
Finally towed with Timbrems installed. I was actually quite surprised at the ride quality. All my trips start out on the same stretch of highway. Part of it is fairly rough. Bumps that I "felt" before were relatively smooth. Ride height was dead on. One inch squat in the rear made the truck level. I had airbags on my last truck {did the install myself} and was happy with the ride and adjustment I had. The Timbrems {again, did the install myself} were less expensive, a lot easier to install and I didn't have to experiment with air pressure.
I give them two thumbs up.

Rule #1. The Chief is always right.
Rule #2. When in doubt, refer to rule #1.
JABURKHOLDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 05:35 AM   #23
waynemoore
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10552
I had Firestone air bags on my last F250. I do beleave I. Need them on the new F350 I have about 21/2" sag when the 5er is on. I like the ajustabily of the airbags.
Add 40 GAL tank in bed.
waynemoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 06:51 PM   #24
kingdaddy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10966
Another vote for air bags (I have the Air Lift). Added benefit...the new Air Lift bags have a built in bump stop.
Old 06-29-2016, 03:41 PM   #25
Virginia Young
Montana Master

M.O.C. #14096
We have the Timbrens. No complaints from us. Have never had airbags, so can't compare. My only experience with airbags was on a friend's dually that we hauled a big horse trailer with. Something was wrong with the compressor and it kept the bags inflated to maximum the whole time. That was fine for towing, but made for an awful ride when unloaded.
Virginia Young is offline   Reply With Quote