Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 10-15-2012, 04:24 AM   #1
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Goodyear tires: Letter to Tredit

ElkhartSales@tredittire.com
Tredit Tire and Wheel
Jennifer

Hi Jennifer, you were so helpful to our group with the old 80# tire and confusion about the rims.. 80#-110# tires.
We have a new problem we need your help with:
I am contacting you for the MOC members that are having problems with the Goodyear G-14 tires; the LT235/85R-16.
Many of us are having a weird wear pattern on all 4 trailer tires, a concave wear at the outside of every tire, inboard and outboard alike.
I have contacted Goodyear and seem to get one cubicle occupant after another who seem to be helpful, but have no answers to our problem.
Goodyear did settle my problem to my satisfaction, but we still don't know why it is happening, and many other folks need answers.

I would like to hear what you think on this matter of the tire wear.

My pressures are always 'spot on' I weigh the rig every time I start my travel, use the tire chart to insure I have the proper pressure for the weight on that trip. The tires are not maxed out with weight. I had two different Goodyear tire store managers look at the tires, also one of our members, LonnieB checked the tires as well.

I am attaching a link showing the wear, the many members that share the problem with the same tire, mirror the tire wear I am having.

I will post a copy of this on the Montana Owners Forum so we will all be 'in the loop'

Thanks Jennifer

Link to the pictures:

https://picasaweb.google.com/Jimsue1...eat=directlink

Jim
Jim Osbern
hvac.repairs@yahoo.com

Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 07:36 AM   #2
Parts Ed
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #11144
Thanks for the pictures, that is some odd wear on the tires for sure....
Parts Ed is offline   Reply With Quote