Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 08-10-2012, 07:20 PM   #1
Desert RVer
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9307
HalfTime Oven 2X/4X - Built-In

Are there any members who have changed out their original built in Apollo 1/2 time microwave/convection units in their RV with the newer versions called Halftime 2X or 4X Built-in units? The Half Time Oven web site implies they are not available yet but there are reviews of the counter top versions??? Anyway anyone with experience with these newer units?

My DW liked the older version, but our first one failed under warranty and was replaced and now 4 years later the second one is failing. I would get some extra bonus points from my DW if I would find a good replacement that will fit in our 6 year old 5th wheel.

Desert RVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 02:03 AM   #2
WeBeFulltime
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11397
Try walmart.com. I understand they have them.

Full Timers 9/1/2010 through 1/16/2020.
WeBeFulltime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 05:52 AM   #3
Desert RVer
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9307
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by WeBeFulltime

Try walmart.com. I understand they have them.
It appears they only have the counter top versions.
Old 08-11-2012, 06:23 AM   #4
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Hi,
I just bought the 2x, but will use it at home. The bezel would work, but you would have to hack it up as the sizes are slightly different, and the 2x has square corners.
I checked with the wholesaler and they do not make a bezel or fan kit, don't install it without a fan kit, however, you might be able to use the Apollo fan assembly in the 2x... I think someone did that.
I just changed the circuit board in our Apollo, I fixed it about 4 times. We do love it, and will keep fixing it until we can't get parts anymore.

What is wrong with it now?
Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 06:45 AM   #5
Desert RVer
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9307
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Ozz

Hi,
I just bought the 2x, but will use it at home. The bezel would work, but you would have to hack it up as the sizes are slightly different, and the 2x has square corners.
I checked with the wholesaler and they do not make a bezel or fan kit, don't install it without a fan kit, however, you might be able to use the Apollo fan assembly in the 2x... I think someone did that.
I just changed the circuit board in our Apollo, I fixed it about 4 times. We do love it, and will keep fixing it until we can't get parts anymore.

Did you just buy the countertop version or the built in?

What is wrong with it now?
Old 08-11-2012, 07:07 AM   #6
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Counter-top, they don't make a built-in... or I haven't seen it if they have, and the wholesaler told me they don't make one also.
Old 08-11-2012, 01:10 PM   #7
Desert RVer
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9307
Apollo is now selling their 1/2 time ovens on this web address:

http://halftimeovens.com/

The counter top units are available but the Built-in units are not.
Old 08-11-2012, 01:36 PM   #8
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Desert RVer

This is the same place we have been getting parts and Apollo ovens, was called Midwest. I called them after buying a Half-time 2x Inc. from ebay, after talking with them I found it was the same person I was talking to 2 days earlier trying to get parts.
They are distancing themselves from the old Apollo because of the 'no parts' issue..But I 'sniffed them out'
Old 08-13-2012, 05:42 PM   #9
Desert RVer
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9307
Quote:

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Desert RVer

This is the same place we have been getting parts and Apollo ovens, was called Midwest. I called them after buying a Half-time 2x Inc. from ebay, after talking with them I found it was the same person I was talking to 2 days earlier trying to get parts.
They are distancing themselves from the old Apollo because of the 'no parts' issue..But I 'sniffed them out'
I'm having trouble understanding this post. I have now contacted www.halftimeovens.com via email and asked them where we were to get support since Midwest Sales isn't able to help us any more. There response was they would help us directly for sales, support and parts.
Old 08-14-2012, 02:40 AM   #10
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Support for 1/2 time ovens Inc. 2x and 4x... not Apollo half-time ovens. Apollo is no more. Apollo parts are no more.. Except you can get the circuit boards from Sears. Maybe other parts as well from Sears.
Did that help?
Half-time ovens, AKA Midwest, used to be the support for Apollo. Now they are just Half time ovens Inc.
Old 08-14-2012, 05:03 AM   #11
Desert RVer
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9307
Quote:

Support for 1/2 time ovens Inc. 2x and 4x... not Apollo half-time ovens. Apollo is no more. Apollo parts are no more.. Except you can get the circuit boards from Sears. Maybe other parts as well from Sears.
Did that help?
Half-time ovens, AKA Midwest, used to be the support for Apollo. Now they are just Half time ovens Inc.
According to the email I received from HalfTimeovens they will provide support for both the older Apollo ovsn as well as the newer halftime ovens as follows:

"Please call us if you need any type of support, parts, replacements. We are the manufacturers and would be happy to assist you at any time."
Old 08-14-2012, 05:18 AM   #12
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Wow, I will look into that. My wife talked to them and I talked to them twice, they told us a different story (About the Apollo.) Perhaps if you ask about parts for the Apollo, they may steer you into the new Half-time product.
It would be interesting if someone besides me asked them about a specifuc part. (For an older Apollo.
They told me they had a few parts, but were reserving them for warr and support issues on recently sold Apollos.