Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 07-14-2011, 06:09 AM   #1
AJH
Established Member

M.O.C. #11247
Heating and cooling thermostate

HI... When I purchased a 2005 montana manuals were missing. I have a Dometic Duo-Therm thermostate and remote. I am having a lot of problems getting it set up. Does anyone have such a set up and understand is. Mine seems to have a mind of its own. Right now I am trying to set it for cooling, low or hi fan, and to rotate on and off when it reached the set temp. OH yes setting thermostate is a pain to. Any help would be great.

AJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 06:47 AM   #2
dieselguy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3085
If you do a search on the DuoTherm with remote of the 2005 timeframe ... you'll find pages and pages of unhappy owners that went with the DuoTherm Comfort Control replacement. The remote deal just didn't work well. Temperature over runs and under runs ... A/C fighting the heater ..... Another issue was for those who just wanted to replace it with a regular thermostat like you'd buy at Lowe's ... the factory wiring is similar to a telephone cable not easily adaptable to a generic thermostat.
http://www.montanaowners.com/forums/...rol,thermostat
dieselguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 04:40 PM   #3
AJH
Established Member

M.O.C. #11247
OK Let me try this again. Yes I do have 3 drain valves. 2 are located in the Garage (black and gray), the 3rd is located next to where you connect your drain hose under the belly.
By Velves I am refering to the normal RV velve. T handle, slide out to drain in to close. Inside they look like a blade that slides in and out when you pull the handle.
I normally leave the kitchen tank open when we are hooked up, but when we are dry camping, we have to close it till we can get to a dump site.
What happened the other day is that it was closed and it had sink water in it. In the past I never saw any leake from there. But the other day it was driping under the RV Right by the tire. I drained the tank and it stoped leaking.
So now I am not sure if I have a leak in the tank, or if it was just full. Normally when a tank is full it backs up into the shower or sink.
Anyway I will test it in the morning. Close it off and pour measured water down the kitchen since and see when it starts leaking. This should answer my question.

NOW FOR THE GRAY TANK.... I just finished replaceing the gray tank. Wasn't had at all once I figured it out. My Big problem was finding the tank. I call, e mailed, many dealers and parts people. NO one could figure out what I was talking about. Finally I called Keystone and they gave me a number of where they get there parts. The girl I talked to was Crystal. (they will be my only parts dealer for parts I can't buy locally) WOW she was great. I needed about 15 parts. Took me may 15 minutes to order them and I received them in 3 days. Can't remember the company, but the number is 866-880-3093. The only thing she need was the yellow hand written number that was written on the tank. MY gray tank was 295 my black was 294.
Have a good one and thanks for the imput. Still new to my RIg, so all help is approciated.
AJ
Old 07-14-2011, 05:44 PM   #4
dieselguy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3085
Ahemmmmm ... have we a little cross posting here?
dieselguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 05:52 PM   #5
AJH
Established Member

M.O.C. #11247
OPPS YEP SORRY. OLd age I suppect LOL Getting old can get you out of anything LOL
Old 07-14-2011, 06:07 PM   #6
Carl n Susan
Site Team

M.O.C. #4831
I see dieselguy pointed you to the infamous 34 page discussion of the Remote Control Thermostat installed in 2005 era Montanas. This thread will provide a great deal of information!

I replaced my Remote Control Thermostat with the CCC unit described in the above thread. I am pretty sure I still have the old manual for the remote system though. If you want it (and I can find it), let me know and I will send it to you.

Carl n Susan is offline   Reply With Quote