Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 03-07-2011, 05:32 AM   #1
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Letter to Mark Krol District Sales Manager

Mark Krol
District sales manager
Krolm@keystonerv.com

Hello Mark,
Your name came up on our Montana Owners Forum (MOC)
You are reported to be a nice guy and receptive to feedback from Montana Big Sky and Mountaineer owners. I am quite active in the MOC, one of the hot matters we have is the Tredit wheel issue.
I will paste a copy of the email I sent Jennifer at Tredit, it should explain why I am contacting you for your help in this matter.
ElkhartSales@tredittire.com
Tredit Tire and Wheel
Jennifer
Hi Jennifer,
I am a member of the Montana Owners Club, we have a variety of Keystone products represented here. We also have friends that join in on discussions about our lifestyle that do not own a Keystone product yet, but are looking at them.

I don’t know how many members we have but I would guess around 5,000. I know that the group is close and we share many of the same problems, which brings this topic around to Tredit.

Aluminum wheel ratings. I have-had-have? 80#.. Or…120# rating on my 2007 Montana 3400RL,

I communicated with you back on Monday, November 1st 2010 at 8:27 A.M. when you agreed to send me the increased pressure stickers and letter.

I now understand that these are no good, I am a month away from buying all new tires, do I now need to stay with the 80# tires? Are my present wheels safe? Why did the pressure rating get changed? Do you make and sell heavier rated rims?

Many of our members have gone to the high-pressure tires, are they in danger now?

The wheel failures: Cracked spokes, are they covered? What about Tredit covering the cost of matching wheels if one or two are bad?

I think we all need clarification from your company.

This communication will be posted for all of the 5,000 members, we look for your response.

Thanks, Jim Osbern
Ozz on the MOC Forum

I received an email from her this morning wanting my phone number, I sent it to her and have not heard from anyone yet.
We are very concerned about this issue for obvious reasons.
The RV owners community is a tight-knit group, someone on The Escapees Forum was wanting a recommendation on what 5th wheel to buy, the following is my post: We love our Montana 3400RL, we have noticed that the factory goes above and beyond to satisfy customers. They really do care, many problems have been taken care of when they really did not have to.
I also feel the support we get from our fellow Montana owners is unique. Good people.
Good luck, and you would not be disappointed with a Montana.

I don’t want to be the person who is giving negative feedback on a product, so I hope this wheel matter gets resolved.

Thanks, Jim Osbern Ozz

Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 05:32 AM   #2
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Listen: Sound of a wheel squeaking.
Old 03-07-2011, 05:35 AM   #3
8.1al
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1658
Squeak on Jim
8.1al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 05:41 AM   #4
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
Ozz,
Having dealt with Mark extensively in the past via e-mail correspondence, just wanted to let you know that at times it can take a week or so to get a reply depending on if he is on the road. He is usually pretty good about responding though.
Bingo

Bingo and Cathy - Our adventures begin in the hills of WV. We are blessed by our 2014 3850FL Big Sky (previous 2011 3750FL and 2007 3400RL) that we pull with a 2007 Chevy Silverado Classic DRW CC dually.
bncinwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 06:22 AM   #5
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Mark is usually out at every major Rv show so unless he can check his E mail it may be a few days for a reply..
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 06:57 AM   #6
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
If you guys know him, it wouldn't hurt to contact him and fortify our concerns.
Old 03-07-2011, 11:03 AM   #7
simonsrf
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3120
Thanks, OZZ!
simonsrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 02:48 AM   #8
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
I weas going to cantact him on another matter. Will re enforce the concern.
Old 03-08-2011, 04:09 AM   #9
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Ozz. we did receive a reply from mark on our issue and he indicated the he has contacted you for more information on the rim issue.. Looks like you have the issue well under control.. keep us advised.