Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 07-19-2010, 11:54 AM   #1
kountry traveler
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #9428
Tow Vehicle Tires

Have read many post on trailer tires and what everyone likes and dislikes on different brands.
Have read some positive post on BFG Commercial/TA's and wondering if anybody has used them on their tow vehicles and what kind of feedback they have for this brand.
Thanks for any information.
The Kountry Traveler

kountry traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 12:30 PM   #2
TLightning
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7871
Lonnie, our in resident tire expert (owns a tire store) just posted this. I have copied it and will keep it for use when I need TV tires:

1. Michelin LTX M/S2 - This tire has a limited 70,000 mile tread wear warranty. As far as I know, it is the ONLY LT rated tire that offers any kind of tread wear warranty from the manufacturer. Cost, after mounting and balancing, should run around $240.00 per tire.

2. Firestone Transforce H/T or A/T - These tires don't have a tread wear warranty, but they consistently get 65,000 to 70,000 miles. I sell hundreds of these tires and have never had any type of failure due to materials or workmanship. Cost, after mounting and balancing, should run around $170.00 each for the H/T and $185.00 each for the A/T.

3. Bridgestone Duravis R500 HD - This is a commercial grade, heavy duty, light truck tire, the same tire I have on my Montana, and the same tire I have installed on several other trailers, as well as on numerous light trucks. There is no tread wear warranty on this tire, but 60,000 to 65,000 miles can be expected. Cost, after mounting and balancing, should be around $223.00 each.

4. BF Goodrich Commercial T/A - Again, no tread wear warranty, but rated for 50,000 miles. I don't have any hands on experience with this tire, but I have heard from people I trust that it is a very dependable tire. Cost, after mounting and balancing, should be around $190.00 each.

5. Goodyear Wrangler S/A PG - This tire is rated for 50,000 miles, but like the others, carries no tread wear warranty from the mfg. Not being a Goodyear dealer, I have sold only a small quantity of this tire, so my experience with it is also very limited. Cost, after mounting and balancing, should be around $256.00 each.
TLightning is offline   Reply With Quote