Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 09-03-2016, 06:30 PM   #1
pkbridges77
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #17920
Lots of Montanas

In our journeys since middle of July, we've been in some parks where there have been a lot of Montana's, but I have yet to meet an MOCer. Every time I talk with them I encourage them to join for the community and information. One pulled in today next to us in Vegas, one month old beautiful 2017 3160, and I encouraged him to join. Said he had some issues and may join up. This forum is invaluable for Montana owners.

pkbridges77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2016, 08:28 PM   #2
bigskyjimmy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10696
Yep same here we have met A LOT of Montana Owners on the road the last 6 years but no Forum Members,I thought I met a member Awile ago because he had a MOC sticker on his Rig but he said it was there when he bought it but did not know what it meant But they never seem to care much about the Forum and the things they can learn and problems that can be resolved Here AND meet nice folks I just gave up telling them about the Forum... OHH WELL their Loss
Old 09-04-2016, 03:01 AM   #3
1retired06
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12156
We have actually run across one member we had exchanged PMs with on the MOC, in our park in Florida purely by chance.
F350 crew cab dually 6.7
1retired06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2016, 03:45 AM   #4
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
We also hardly ever meet a MOC Member on the road however being able to attend 10 fall rallies and many regional rallies we have met hundreds of MOC members and new ones every year.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2016, 05:32 AM   #5
waynemoore
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10552
I have been a Montana owner for 8 years now and must admit I have not meet one MOC member. But the good news I am all set to attend my first rally (Western Region) next year. Can't wait.
Add 40 GAL tank in bed.
waynemoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2016, 07:46 AM   #6
TLightning
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7871
Some are anti computer, some are anti forum and some are anti MOC.
TLightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2016, 03:57 PM   #7
sambam
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13166
When I was out in upstate NY a couple weeks ago to move my daughter into college, I stayed at a campground close to Lake Ontario (very beautiful!), and met a guy with a Montana he had bought used and was having some issues with. I wasn't able to help him much, but did direct him to this forum and he said he was going to sign up. He hasn't yet, but I hope he does because, as I told him, someone here has been there and will help with his problem. Speaking of which, this campground was about 80% seasonal and there were a lot of older Montanas in there. Man you should have seen the graphics on them. Doesn't give me much hope....

2010 Montana 3455SA, Mor/Ryde pin, wet bolts, TST 507, Progressive HW50C, GY G614
2019 Silverado D/A 3500HD LTZ DRW CC
B&W Companion
sambam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 03:13 AM   #8
dieselguy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3085
We discussed this before with lots of the same observations. I'll see a Montana in a campground and casually walk by just to wave or say nice rig. Maybe a conversation will start up and I'll ask if they have heard of the MOC. A few have ... most not. I'll say it's easy to sign on, but many don't want to mess with it or say they'll sign on when they get home but seldom do. A plus for the MOC website compared to some other RV websites is that it is more member friendly with who is active on the website. Though I've met but one other MOC'er since the day I signed on ... the rest of you for the most part seem well connected in your groups of acquaintenances. But ... just like with another RV website I'm familiar with ... MOC membership of active members is just a small percentage in the whole sea of RV'ers.
dieselguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 04:27 AM   #9
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
The rallies national, regional are the were the connection with other MOC members is made. We have also belonged to FCRV for years and we go to two or three of their rallies every year.

We just happen to like rallies of any kind. The National rally puts us among all the vendors and near all the plants of course we live within 300 miles of Goshen. We traveled to Nebraska for a MOC rally this summer then to Oklahoma for a FCRV rally. I think we have been to 7 regional MOC rallies as well as 10 national rallies. We can not even count the number of FCRV rallies going back to 1986 that we have attended all over the country.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 01:15 AM   #10
timandsusan
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5165
We have been members for 10 years and attended the Western Rally in 2008 or so and that is where we met 100 great MOCers and Montana owners. Still keep up with them. I get the same response about other Montana owners that others have gotten--??? what is that? I read the MOC site almost daily. Great info!
F-250 King Ranch Crew Cab 2012, Single Wheel, 6.7 L Diesel, Transfer Flow Internal 50 Gallon Fuel Tank, Upgraded Ford Software for 50 Gallon tank, 2006 3475Rl with Mor-ryde King Pin, 2nd AC, 2nd Battery, Pressure Pro TPMS, Wet Bolt Shackle Kit
timandsusan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 09:11 AM   #11
waynemoore
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10552
I think if the MOC had nice plaques that attach to the latter like I see on the Hartland Club rigs that would help. Maybe hats and t-shirts. JMHO.
Add 40 GAL tank in bed.
waynemoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 11:35 AM   #12
Mynabird
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8757
We have run across other MOC members several times... Let's see

Savannah, Georgia (campground in S. Caroline border PPA) Oldelmer 1..Tom & Sherry
Gila Bend, Arizona... Anderson from Wahington were in a PPA park
(Then again..they pulled into a park here in California one time, on their way to Quartzsite!)
Tuscon, Arizona.... Korchack..... Dennis & Jackie.....from Washington
2009... Rest area in Iowa.... Coleen and Ray Lustick.. Both on way to National rally.
Maybe there are others..unexpected run-ins.

Since we are currently stationery... Several have pulled in here..and we visited.
Zeiglers from Washington, Jack Craig & wife, Becky & Bob Rohrmann, Larry Ambuel & wife.. Maybe a few others... Sorry if i have forgotten you. Not intentional because we have made so many friends ... On here, rally attendance.... Quartzsite..etc.

Anyone who has been areound HoboBob.... Knows..he is always handing out our business card with our name, MOC number and web site, and our email address. He does Not miss one!!! (In fact..there have been previously "approached" negative people in a park!)

PS... A few have also joined the forum also...
Mynabird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 02:15 PM   #13
rohrmann
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12947
Not to high-jack this thread, but talk of business cards just made me remember that there used to be a business card link where it had the MOC logo and design samples so we could get cards made. Does anyone know where that went?
rohrmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2016, 01:51 PM   #14
TLightning
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7871
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Mynabird

Savannah, Georgia (campground in S. Caroline border PPA) Oldelmer 1..Tom & Sherry
(Then again..they pulled into a park here in California one time, on their way to Quartzsite!)
2009... Rest area in Iowa.... Coleen and Ray Lustick.. Both on way to National rally.

Since we are currently stationery... Several have pulled in here..and we visited.
Zeiglers from Washington, Jack Craig & wife, Becky & Bob Rohrmann, Larry Ambuel & wife.. Maybe a few others... Sorry if i have forgotten you. Not intentional because we have made so many friends ... On here, rally attendance.... Quartzsite..etc.

Anyone who has been areound HoboBob.... Knows..he is always handing out our business card with our name, MOC number and web site, and our email address. He does Not miss one!!! (In fact..there have been previously "approached" negative people in a park!)

I know your intentions are good, but when I'm on the road, the last thing I want to see is my name and home town, telling anybody who can access the forum that I'm not home.
Old 09-13-2016, 05:30 PM   #15
Mynabird
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8757
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by TLightning

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Mynabird

I know your intentions are good, but when I'm on the road, the last thing I want to see is my name and home town, telling anybody who can access the forum that I'm not home.
If you are speaking of "our home" address Tom.... It is always with us. .....and our home address is at our Mailbox server on Box Elder, SD. Anyone go there, they are in for a shock! Business facility and campground... It is our legal address.
Mynabird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2016, 01:33 AM   #16
TLightning
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7871
What you do with your address is up to you...but you have listed the names and addresses of other travelers who my not want that information disseminated.
Old 09-14-2016, 02:26 PM   #17
Virginia Young
Montana Master

M.O.C. #14096
I met a Montana owner in MI, and asked if he was on the forum. He wasn't. When I told him how wonderful it was, his only question was - "What's in it for me?" I told him the members had an unimaginable amount of information, about anything he could ever need. He wasn't the least bit impressed. Oh, well. Guess we don't need him.
Virginia Young is offline   Reply With Quote