Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 07-29-2012, 05:40 PM   #1
pappy65
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #10842
Comfort Control Center 2 Thermostat

I'm pretty sure this has been discussed on here before, but I cannot find anything using the search feature.
I have the Dometic CCC 2 TSTAT. The problem is at midnight the TSTAT thinks it is noon and at noon it thinks it is midnight. At 1am and 1pm it resets to the correct time. During this one hour twice a day it switches to the wrong program. I have googled this and other people have had the problem and worked with Keystone and Dometic to get resolved. I have read one post where Dometic said they know about the problem, but I never saw where they resolved it. Has anyone on the montana forum dealt with this issue and if so, what was the outcome. It is not a big deal, but I would like to get it fixed.

pappy65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 04:18 AM   #2
Carl n Susan
Site Team

M.O.C. #4831
I remember some discussion about this "feature". I seem to recall it was associated with an early batch of T-stats and the microcode was incorrect. I doubt they can flash an upgrade, it would be easier to replace the unit. Have you called Dometic?

Carl n Susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 06:18 AM   #3
CRUZIN 2
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3160
pappy65

We had the same problem, you have to get with Dometic, or a service tech. to check it out. Once they confirm this problem, they will know that the thermostat is bad. But you can't just replace the thermostat, you have to replace the board in both A/Cs. By now, Dometic should know what you are talking about.