Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 05-10-2011, 01:51 PM   #1
AlanPat
Established Member

M.O.C. #9264
Tail lights wiring 3500RL

The tail lights on my unit have been giving me trouble and I am trying to fix them. I have tracked down each of the wires from the truck and have labeled them as to what they are suppose to light up. The problem is I am not sure which wires from the bulb socket goes to which wire ie right turn, Left turn, brake, running lights. Doe anyone know? The little side light I beleive is a running light. I then have two blacks and one white from the larger bulb socket. My assumation is that white is the ground..not sure though.

AlanPat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 02:18 PM   #2
awaywego
Montana Master

M.O.C. #40
white--ground, blue- brakes, green- tail and clearance light, black- battery, red- left stop and turn, brown- right stop and turn, yellow- backup where applicable, There should be a diagram in your owners manual. Hope this helps.
awaywego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 03:30 PM   #3
BB_TX
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6433
Here is one site defining the wiring. There are a number of others.
7 pin trailer wiring
BB_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 03:52 PM   #4
AlanPat
Established Member

M.O.C. #9264
Thank you very much. I think I will be able to fix it. It appears that Keystone at the tail light used red, yellow , white, and black wires. I have not found where they changed the colors, so I have been tracking the wire by toning it out.
AlanPat is offline   Reply With Quote