Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 04-11-2010, 04:11 PM   #1
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
Sewer Hose Door Gone

Seems my door to the sewer hose opening (left rear of coach), went for a flight somewhere between Yuma and Phoenix. The entire frame and door need replacing as the door broke off a hinge point. Anyone know of a parts house that may have these little buggers? I remember someone replacing one once before. Otherwise, I guess it will be duct tape to the rescue.....opening appears to be about 7 x 12.

exav8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 05:02 PM   #2
Clemson1881
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9432
Phil, Camping World has a few door hatches like that on their website. Perhaps one is the dimensions you need. Just search hatch and they will come up for you to look at.
Clemson1881 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 05:29 PM   #3
Carl n Susan
Site Team

M.O.C. #4831
Phil: It was BirdingRVer who lost the sewer door. He ordered a replacement from a Montana dealer. As I recall, it was pricier than one would expect for a piece of plastic.

Carl n Susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 07:08 PM   #4
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Phil, we had exactly the same thing happen between Kerrville and Elephant Butte, NM. I called our Montana dealer in KC and had him order it and then ship it to us. Keystone will not drop ship so we had to pay shipping to KC plus shipping to where we were at that time. Our total was $45.77. You can probably figure close to $40 if you only have to ship it once. I plan on installing it later this week. It should be an easy install. Good luck.

By the way, I even had a small piece of velcro helping to hold the door in the closed position, in addition to the normal latch, just so something like this wouldn't happen. The door disappeared within a few hundred miles of when the velcro was installed. It had survived about 25,000 miles without the velcro. Go figure.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 07:33 PM   #5
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
Guys regarding the loss of the sewer doors...... If you've been traveling recently anywhere on the west or southwest then you've submitted your rig and all it's various doors. With the high winds we've been having it is no wonder some doors got ripped off. Just a thought. Out east of Flagstaff my brother saw a complete awing ripped off a camper. Just after that they shut down the road for about 4 hours. Simply too dangerous to travel.

HamRad
HamRad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 08:13 PM   #6
Carl n Susan
Site Team

M.O.C. #4831
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by sreigle

By the way, I even had a small piece of velcro helping to hold the door in the closed position, in addition to the normal latch, just so something like this wouldn't happen.
And to think you had me convinced velcro was the answer! I hadn't got around to attaching velcro, so I used a more typical fix - duct tape. It held very nicely all the way home. I wonder if duct tape comes in white?
Carl n Susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 08:44 PM   #7
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
I'm looking for one of these doors too, but $40 to $45 seems a steep price but if it looks exactly like the existing one then I may not have a choice.

I am looking to match the existing one and putting a second one on the other side to store some extra hose. I thought is was Steve Riegle that suggested I try this and that the same amount of area is available on the other side and I'd just need to add another door. It would be nice if it looked the same for consistency sake.

Some time ago, I actually located the exact door at a lesser price using an internet search but forget to save it as a favorite! One of these days.....
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 01:38 AM   #8
BirdingRVer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5740
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Carl n Susan

Phil: It was BirdingRVer who lost the sewer door. He ordered a replacement from a Montana dealer. As I recall, it was pricier than one would expect for a piece of plastic.
Yes, Phil I had to replace my sewer door and tried every RV store and Campingworld I could find but, no one had it. I finally order it at a Montana dealer and it was $40. It took about a week to arrive.

BirdingRVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 01:46 AM   #9
Wild Horse
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #10026
Maybe this ?
http://www.shoprvparts.com/product.do?no=11814F

or

http://www.rvadenver.com/hatches.htm

First one says not currently in stock, but ?

OOPS. Didn't see you posted a size...sorry.

Bill
Wild Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 01:57 AM   #10
Wild Horse
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #10026
Bargman seems to have alot of doors, but I didn't see any of your size. Maybe an email to them could shed some light.

http://www.bargman.com/product/acces...&titulo=Access Doors

Maybe someone's door has a manufacturer's name on it, and you can search them.
Wild Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 04:36 AM   #11
dandt
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7142
Phil...had the exact thing happen and orderd the door thru dealer. When Dave installed it he did it upside down, so the door does not have to be held up anymore. If it pops open again during travel, at least it won't open, just flap. We found that camping world did not have an exact match. Teresa
dandt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 07:09 AM   #12
SlickWillie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6575
Phil, take a look here. Lots of hatches are manufactured by JR Products. I've had pretty good luck copying their part number, then searching the web by part number. Lots of varying prices out there.
SlickWillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 12:26 PM   #13
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
Found one, actually he had several, at the local Keystone dealer in Mesa, RV Traders. Original replacement and only $27.73. I think I will get a second one to install on the other side also as others have done. Thanks to everyone for their input. I really didn't think I would find one at the local Keystone dealer. He also had a 3150FL on the lot that he gladly showed me. He suggested I bring the wife by to look at it. I like the idea and layout but not much headroom in the LR once you sit down in the slides. Nicer refer (two door) and I love the hickory colors but the couches look hokey. Not sure I like walking from the outside into the bathroom thru the second door, however, a second door seems like a nice idea and a good emergency exit, if needed.......Me thinks I will not take the wife to see it, WE really like our 3400 and we have got all the kinks out and have it built up the way we like it. Maybe in another 7 years we will look again.........
exav8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 03:36 PM   #14
stimpy123
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8267
Send a message via Yahoo to stimpy123
Carl,
"I wonder if duct tape comes in white?". I've seen duct tape in a variety of colors, yellow, red, and yes white. Good luck. Can't believe the prices shown here for "just a piece of plastic". Mine has been down after a couple of miles and wonder why it didn't stay, as I know I had secured it.
Thanks for sharing.
Steve
stimpy123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 04:04 PM   #15
Clemson1881
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9432
Duct tape does come in white.
Clemson1881 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 05:24 PM   #16
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
SlickWillie!!! THAT'S IT!!! It's the ZE-102 down the page a bit! Now I have it saved as a favorite! I owe you a beer.

Phil found one for a decent price but I wonder what's the price/tax/shipping for the one from JR products?

On Edit: Guess what SlickWillie? They have two or the same size and features (locking hasp). The other one is under electrical. The part number is ZH-152A. It has the same dimension, but it hinges on the top. Wouldn't one just have to turn the other one upside down? Anyway the only difference between the two of them is the ZE-102 says Bulk and the other says PKG. I sent them an email asking prices for both. I have a strong feeling Phil beats their price because of shipping.
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 02:26 AM   #17
SlickWillie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6575
Art, I'm thinking they won't sell to the general public. I've always just used their part number and used Google to find the lowest price on the internet.
SlickWillie is offline   Reply With Quote