Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Repairs & Service
Click Here to Login

Old 11-07-2012, 01:07 PM   #1
TerryClaudia
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #12055
MAJOR BACK WINDOW PROBLEM

Over a month a go we found a gap in our back window. Took it to dealer they ordered a new window. Took it back to the dealer after Daytona Rally and the tech said that the back wall was separating from the frame. NOW that meant they have to take the whole back off the Monty and figure out why. Major problem dealer wanter to send it back to Keystone. Keystone wants Lazydays to fix it, they were only going to warranty this for 3 months. Keystone said after our conversation they would warranty it longer if any more problems. Our Monty is only 11 months old and we are sick about it. Has anyone else had a problem like this? Also our floor is separating in our slide out where washer & dryer is. So much for buying supposebly number one 5th wheel! We have a 3700RL Monty. Thanks Claudia & Terry

TerryClaudia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 01:55 PM   #2
steelpony5555
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12096
That many major issues I would never trust to a dealer. If I had to haul it myself I would get it back to the factory someway...Good luck, hopefully they make it right.
steelpony5555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 02:03 PM   #3
snfexpress
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5140
Since Keystone knows of the problem, we suggest that you wait until summer, but get an appointment with the service center now. Between now and then, you may have additional problems and if you do you can simply add them to the list. We did that, and we were out of warranty.
snfexpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 02:07 PM   #4
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
Claudia and Terry,
Sorry to hear about your problems. But glad you found them while still under warranty. And I like Michael and Kat's suggestion about getting an appointment now for next summer. Please let us know how things turn out. Dennis
HamRad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 02:59 PM   #5
Montana3800RE
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #12821
The back counter top on our 3800RL where the TV is the wall paneling is starting to wrinkle just above the counter top like there is movement back and forth of the wall, also on the left side of the counter it is pulled away from the wall and sagging down, been that way for awhile. The 3700RL is a similar floor plan with the large bedroom slide. It is currently at a Keystone Dealer for other Major repairs and such as Frame Flex and I mentioned the back counter and told them that it looks like there might be some flex there also, we will see...........
Montana3800RE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 06:09 PM   #6
bigskyjimmy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10696
DANG!! what a nightmare that thing must of been built on a Friday or a Monday when the crew had a hangover! We are fortunate and ours has been pretty much trouble free If that happened to us there is no way we would take it all the way to Indiana it would have to be fixed at the dealer correctly our they would be giving us a NEW unit
Old 11-08-2012, 02:50 AM   #7
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Sorry to hear that, it is just a fluke. They do build a great 5th wheel, if mine is staying together with all the things I have attached, hung, modified and re-designed, it had to be a well built unit.
They will fix it for you, and hopefully explain what went wrong and you will have many years of enjoyment from it.
Good luck.
Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 03:02 AM   #8
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
What Ozz said, plus no matter who fixes it, keep Keystone Customer Service involved the whole way.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 04:13 AM   #9
CamillaMichael
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10246
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Ozz

Sorry to hear that, it is just a fluke. They do build a great 5th wheel, if mine is staying together with all the things I have attached, hung, modified and re-designed, it had to be a well built unit.
They will fix it for you, and hopefully explain what went wrong and you will have many years of enjoyment from it.
Good luck.
Sure do hope all works out as Ozz believes...please keep us in the info loop.
CamillaMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 12:45 PM   #10
cdaniels
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7380
Sorry to hear about your troubles. We had friend who's Montana caught on fire under warranty and it was hauled to Lazy Days and they did a great job for them. They spoke very highly of them afterwards. We visited them there and it is some place. Just in case that is your only option.
cdaniels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 04:49 AM   #11
TerryClaudia
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #12055
We have been very pleased with Lazydays service so far. They could of ignored this problem but gave us the option to take it to Keystone. Keystone said to let Lazydays fix the problems. After having to replace all 5 tires in August while at Montana Rally in South Carolina, thanks to other Montana owners seeing we had two tires getting ready to blow. Now this, you can see we are not real excited with Montana's record do far. Thanks for all your comments and suggestions. We are going to probably take your advice and make an appointment for next summer at Keystone to go over the whole rig. We had already planned to go to the rally in September. will try to go early and let them look at it. Thanks, Terry & Claudia
TerryClaudia is offline   Reply With Quote