Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 06-26-2004, 04:44 PM   #1
Montana_404
Established Member

M.O.C. #404
bedroom slide leaking

Hi we have a problem of the bedroom slide leaking on our 2004 Montanta 5th wheel with the rear kitchen island. I love all our storage. The beroom slide leaks when it rains we have had it in twice for this problem, but its not fixed yet. What about putting an awning over the slide. Would that help? I am seriously afraid the floor is going to warp from the moisture. It only leaks on the slide right by the closet side. Anyone else have this problem?

Montana_404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2004, 05:49 PM   #2
faeb and genb
Montana Master

M.O.C. #57
Ours leaked the other side. Took it back to dealer & was fixed the first try. No problems since.
Gene
faeb and genb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2004, 06:21 PM   #3
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
I have not had any problems with any of my slides, but I have heard that some of the coaches have. The solution that seems to be most common is to check behind your seals on the outside and see if your rain gutters are out far enough to bring water away from the slide. They should be curved towards the bottom of the slide and come out far enough that water will run right off them to the ground. I am not sure if this is what is causing your leaking, but worth a shot to check and see. Hope they get it fixed soon for you.
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2004, 04:10 AM   #4
8.1al
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1658
The bottom corner of the bedroom slide near the closet seems to be a common place for a leak. On ours you can even see daylight there. I suspect that a lot of people have a leak there and don't know it because they aren't getting down there and feeling around. I sure liked the seal system on my old Jayco a lot better.
8.1al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2004, 11:13 AM   #5
vickster
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1165
Jerry1936--We took delivery of our new 2980 about three weeks ago. In some respects we are happy Wisconsin has had excessive rain for we discovered two leaks in our Monty - one in the bedroom slide near the sliding doors (opposite the closet doors) and in the right corner of the dinette. We have contacted our dealer and need to schedule a time to have it checked out. Otherwise we are very pleased with our new Montana - it is everything we anticipated and expected.
vickster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2004, 02:07 AM   #6
Just148
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1043
Check your seals at the bottom on each side of the slides. There is a down spout behine the seals. It may be causing water to back up into the unit/s.
Just148 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2004, 03:22 PM   #7
Montana_404
Established Member

M.O.C. #404
Okay thanks for all the replies. My husband and I are not handy mechanically maybe challenged would be a better term. But where is teh bottom seal and down spouts. I have found a round hollow piece of rubber that runs the length of the slide, vertical and I put a clothes pin on the end sort of to see if it would deflect rain, but it didn't. Thanks again.
Montana_404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2004, 01:51 AM   #8
Just148
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1043
On the side of the slide there is a black seal flush on the slide at he bottom there is an indent where the spout is, pull the seal out a little and there should be a white curve spout. This is where the water is exiting.

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Jerry1936

Okay thanks for all the replies. My husband and I are not handy mechanically maybe challenged would be a better term. But where is teh bottom seal and down spouts. I have found a round hollow piece of rubber that runs the length of the slide, vertical and I put a clothes pin on the end sort of to see if it would deflect rain, but it didn't. Thanks again.
Just148 is offline   Reply With Quote