Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > On the Road Again
Click Here to Login

Old 11-11-2008, 11:08 AM   #1
timandsusan
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5165
Most of I-10

This year we have driven I-10 from Jacksonville to Tuscon. It is not in bad shape. Yes, the worst is around Lake Charles but most of that is under construction. In general our experience is very good and I would not hesitate to use it in the future. We did not take it into New Orleans but took I-12 directly to Baton Rouge. I did notice that the Highway Patrol in Florida, Alabama, Mississippi, and Louisiana were very busy--to many easy pickins!

F-250 King Ranch Crew Cab 2012, Single Wheel, 6.7 L Diesel, Transfer Flow Internal 50 Gallon Fuel Tank, Upgraded Ford Software for 50 Gallon tank, 2006 3475Rl with Mor-ryde King Pin, 2nd AC, 2nd Battery, Pressure Pro TPMS, Wet Bolt Shackle Kit
timandsusan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 01:17 PM   #2
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
Tim and Susan,
I have taken I-10 to P'Cola and back to Texas, then from Texas to phoenix and part way to Vegas. The West of Houston is, I think, better than the East of Houston.

You do not want to take the I-10 from the east into New Orleans. We did in the F-350 pulling the 3400 and it bounced us around like a ping pong ball. I could not slow down enough to compensate for that bad section of road. If you have to go into N.O. go to the West side and down, or take the Ponchatrain.(If it is passable for big rigs)
Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 01:18 AM   #3
gojodo
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5540
Hi Guys.
We have taken I-10 both ways across the states and Louisiana is the worst. We just don't talk ! You can go north and it is easier. It has not slowed us down. I think the hurricanes have not helped the roads. We have also done a few of the back roads without difficulty.
gojodo is offline   Reply With Quote