Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MONTANA OWNERS CLUB COMMUNITY > Member News
Click Here to Login

Old 11-17-2006, 01:49 AM   #1
Wifeofdano
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5664
I Quit !

Okay, yesterday was the Great American Smoke Out.
I managed to not smoke a cigarette for the entire day! Midnight to midnight.
So, now this morning, all I have to do is make it through today!
I figured if I told this to my Moc family, that it would help me to not fail.
Wish me luck! (A little prayer couldn't hurt) Love y'all!

Wifeofdano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 02:00 AM   #2
Steve and Brenda
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6364
You know what made my wife stop smoking? Her second stroke less than 24 hours after her first. I'm lucky to have my wife here today alive and healthy AS A NON SMOKER for 15 months now. One of the reasons why we got the Montana earlier in our life was to see the country BEFORE RETIREMENT because I almost lost her last year. GOOD FOR YOU!!!
Steve and Brenda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 02:01 AM   #3
Kathi
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3113
Good Luck. The way Paul stopped was to put the money in a jar for a week and when the week was over, he couldn't believe how much he had acquired. We know you can do it. It is mind over matter. It is kinda like when someone is going to have tests done and you tell them "NOTHING AFTER MIDNIGHT!" They freak out and their mind starts imagining that they are starving. All of the sudden, they want to eat everything in sight. You CAN do it.
Kathi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 02:11 AM   #4
LonnieB
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6150
Send a message via MSN to LonnieB
Congratulations on one day, stay tough and pray, you'll make it. We're all rooting for you.
LonnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 02:27 AM   #5
DHenry
Montana Master

M.O.C. #496
Day one is the hardest and you made it through, the next days will also be hard but not as hard as the first day. Look around you and you will see the best reason to quit smoking. Good luck and we will be rooting for you also.
DHenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 03:00 AM   #6
Bobcat
Established Member

M.O.C. #6048
Good Luck. I am very happy for anyone that makes the decision to quit smoking.
Bobcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 03:04 AM   #7
Driftwoodgal
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5446
Send a message via AIM to Driftwoodgal
You can do it. I quit August 24, 1984, best thing I ever did. Hubby is trying to kick the Bandit use right now. He is taking it day by day just as you are. I know both of you can do it. When I wanted a cigarette really bad I used jalepenos to take my mind off my craving. I couldn't think of anything else but my tongue that was on fire.

Keep us posted on your progress. Here is an on line HUG... you can do it.
Colleen
Driftwoodgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 03:15 AM   #8
ragdoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #235
Send a message via AIM to ragdoll Send a message via MSN to ragdoll
You go girl! You can do it - since 1/1/2000 - prayers for you, stay strong.

Lorraine
ragdoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 03:18 AM   #9
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
Today will be your toughest day, but you can do it. The actual chemical addiction for nicotine has a short half life. The rest is the habitual useage. Connected behavioral patterns are difficult to rewrite. Find something positive to do instead of reaching for the cigarette.

I was doing two packs a day, Camels, no filters when I quit. Second day, I thought I had the flu or dying, then it was over. All that remained was setting new patterns (things I learned to do instead of reaching). That was 38 years ago, praise His name!! You have my support. You will be sooo glad you quit.
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 03:19 AM   #10
bobgay
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5072
You can do it. Hang in there -- it's worth it.
Bob
bobgay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 03:37 AM   #11
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Soooo proud of you, Lisa. You absolutely can do it! We're praying for your continued strength and wisdom. You'll be so proud of yourself and so will we. Life will never smell so good!
jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 03:53 AM   #12
toolmanroy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1745
Roy quit smoking in about 1969 when we had been married 2 years. I told him I hated the smell of it on him and I was tired of smoke everywhere we went. He quit cold turkey chewing a lot of regular old-fashioned gum. I grew up with 2 smokers too (both quit later in life but my childhood was spent in a smoke-filled house). I personally never smoked.

You will know you have kicked the habit when cigarette smoke starts to irritate you too.
toolmanroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 04:41 AM   #13
Wifeofdano
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5664
Oh, thanks everyone! I'm doing pretty good today, almost 36 hours now. I'm getting ALOT accomplished. I can almost see a clear space on this mess of a counter! When I get an urge, I'm stopping what I'm doing and breath in & out as deep as I can 10 times. That's an oxygen rush!
Wifeofdano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 06:06 AM   #14
adelmoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2716
Good for you gal. I quit on July 8, 2004 after smoking for 53 years. I still want one every single day but I will NEVER have another. Just keep on with the one day or even one hour at a time. We all support you.
Helen
adelmoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 06:21 AM   #15
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Although I have not smoked for over 30 years I do recall that the first 3 or 4 days were the worst.. My chest hurt so bad I thought I was having a heart attack, severe headaches, dizziness..I passed out twice in the first 2 weeks. But just wait till you regain your sense of smell and how much better you will feel once the drug (nicotine) is flushed out of your system..Stick with it ..it is well worth it. My Mother began smoking when she was 13 years old, it never bothered her , Died of old age at 93 years old..Helen's mother also smoked all her life..emphizema did her in.....you never know....
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 08:22 AM   #16
Bluegill
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6121
Way to go. keep it up. You will be glad you did.

It's been 15 years for me. The best decision I ever made.

HANG IN THERE !!!!
Bluegill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 08:43 AM   #17
ols1932
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1944
Congratulations! Although it seems hard, every day it gets a little easier. You've made the first day, then the second, then the third. Soon you'll be a week, then two, then a month. You'll be surprised about how much better you will feel.

I quit 47 years ago next month. Thought I wouldn't make it but I had some good people around me and my wife kept carrot sticks and celery in the refrig for me. At first I seemed to want something all the time. But it was only a couple days and I had gotten a release from those things that had a hold on me.

Hang in there. We're all pulling for you.

Orv & Marge
ols1932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 08:44 AM   #18
H. John Kohl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #311
Send a message via AIM to H. John Kohl Send a message via MSN to H. John Kohl Send a message via Yahoo to H. John Kohl
Congratulations. I found I had to keep telling myself that "I do not want one" not that I "can not have one". If someone tells me I can not do something I will prove I can so I remembers why I did not want to do it.

I have heard this concept. Think of Micky's head. The ears are two circles and the face is a big circle. One ear is the goal the other ear is the means to achieve the goal and the face is the DESIRE to reach the goal. My other lesson is the magic three(S). I had relapse or craving in three's (days, weeks, months "9", and years).
H. John Kohl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 09:10 AM   #19
CanDo
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2106
Congratulations, Lisa! You can do it! When you really feel the urge, get on your computer and HOLLER. You know we'll hear you and keeping your hands busy staying in contact with your MOC family is a good thing! Ten years for me and 4 for Dave. Now the smell of smoke really bothers us. You can do it!
CanDo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 09:21 AM   #20
jerrybb
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #6198
Good Luck .... I quit June 13 2004 ,,,,, cold turkey ,,,,, was doing 3 packs of Camels a day ,,,,, for 49 years ,,,,,,,, NO craves ,,,, no regrets ,,,,,, when it's time you'll do it
jerrybb is offline   Reply With Quote