Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 11-28-2005, 02:30 PM   #1
palebluedot
Montana Master

M.O.C. #36
Beyond STUPID !!!

Never hitchike a ride with this moron. It's hard to believe the human gene pool contains someone with this lack of responsibility. When the sun reflects just right you can get a glimpse of his speed, It's in KPH so divide by 1.6 to convert to MPH (I think thats right??) I wonder if he was even wearing a helmet - not that it would have mattered. Click on the one thats 15 min. 14 sec., it's the scarey one.
http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...9&q=ghostrider

palebluedot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2005, 03:10 PM   #2
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
So does "The Final Ride" mean he didn't make it at the end. No wonder!
Happy trails........................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2005, 04:32 PM   #3
Dave e Victoria
Montana Master

M.O.C. #635
Cool.... The conversion kilometers per hour to mph is multiply by 0.6. It's damn near the same but i find this easier.

The thing I noticed here is a kind of nerdy thing but, if you watch when there is an abrupt change in the scene the buffer falls behind and you may see a glitch in the video. This says the compression algorithm is depending on the scenes being very much the same from frame to frame.

Recently, I pulled onto the freeway here in Phoenix and was passed by a guy on a crotch rocket standing up on the seat. He was doing more than 80mph and then cruised off the next exit - still standing. Then a week or so later I was exiting the freeway at bell road and was passed by a guy on another crotch rocket doing a front wheely. He held the wheely all the way up the stop light and then dropped the back wheel and zoomed off as the light changed. My kids told me if i had looked more closely, i would have seen a covert film crew. These dare devil pictures are being sold on the internet. Oh, they were wearing helmets but probably just to hide their identity. Like you said -- probably makes no difference in the long run.

Dave e Victoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2005, 07:36 PM   #4
Sweetfire
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4483
A "Front Wheely" is actually called a "Stoppie".
Sweetfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2005, 03:16 AM   #5
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
OK, So what am I doing wrong?

I click on the link and I get...

Video Grid - List No results for ghostrider (0.00 seconds) Your search - ghostrider did not return any results.

Suggestions:
- Make sure all words are spelled correctly.
- Try different keywords.
- Try more general keywords.
Also you can try a Google web search or search TV discussions on Google Groups.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2005, 03:19 AM   #6
Dave e Victoria
Montana Master

M.O.C. #635
Glenn,
I tried it last night and it worked. Doesn't work today. Must be rapid obsolesence taking over the internet.
Dave

Update: I just googled Ghostrider. It turned up one of the videos but it is also missing when I try to access it.. Then I noticed a DVD for sale on the same subject. I would bet the images we saw were pirated and google took them down as soon as they found out. Oh well, if it was an illegal video of an illegal and unsafe activity, we didn't need to see it anyway.
Old 11-29-2005, 06:31 AM   #7
palebluedot
Montana Master

M.O.C. #36
I just tried it and it is back on now (noon Tuesday). When I looked again, it does show him with a helmet - still don't know why he bothered.
palebluedot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2005, 07:29 AM   #8
315RLS
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1900
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by palebluedot

... it does show him with a helmet - still don't know why he bothered.
Probably cause bugs hurt at that speed.. this guy is nuts.
315RLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2005, 11:03 AM   #9
Sweetfire
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4483
Nuts? Definitly! But you have to admire his reflexes and concentration. Must not be too many cell phones there.
Old 11-29-2005, 12:25 PM   #10
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
It worked this time and the driver is out of his or her mind.

IMHO they should outlaw street use for everyone of these crotch rockets. They are built strictly for speed and 9 out of 10 that travel US 19 are traveling at least 30 mph (and he's the slow one) over the speed limit. 19 runs just outside of the campground and is the main north south route here on the gulf coast. Most of these jerks are approaching 80 to 90 mph in a 45 mph zone. They dodge in and out of traffic and will run well over 100 in traffic to elude the police. The have their license plates loosely tied with string to the bike so they flap in the wind making them unreadable at high speeds. I am waiting for the day when one tries to slip between me and the car next to me when OPPPPS I open the door not knowing he was there.
Old 11-29-2005, 04:54 PM   #11
Sweetfire
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4483
So, you would chance seriously hurting or killing someone to teach them a lesson? Motorcycles, moving between lanes of cars is called "lane splitting", when done at reasonable speeds it is legal in some states. What Ghostrider does is dangerous to himself and many other innocent people.
Old 11-29-2005, 10:31 PM   #12
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Quote:
quote:So, you would chance seriously hurting or killing someone to teach them a lesson?
You bet I would. I have seen them dump their bike, get back up on it and continue down the road in the same wreckless manner, so I doubt I nor anyone else can teach them idiots anything. They apparently have no concern for their own life or limb so why on earth would I?
Where I come from it is not legal and it is probably not legal in most all the states and even if it were legal it shouldn't be. AND I am not talking about "reasonable speeds". When traffic is bumper to bumper and barely moving at 5 to 10 MPH or less 25+ MPH is NOT reasonable? Even it traffic is moving at the speed limit "lane splitting" at 20 to 30 mph over the limit is NOT only unsafe it is very much illegal in ANY state.

I'll once again get off my soap box with this one last point...If you are going to be "lane splitting" be sure you are on my left. Better to try that stunt on my right as Lorraine probably wouldn't be getting her door open soon enough. But than again maybe she's doing the driving and than our right side wouldn't be all that safe either. HMMM what to do, what to do???
Old 11-30-2005, 05:49 AM   #13
Sweetfire
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4483
Hmmm...good to know.
Old 11-30-2005, 07:18 AM   #14
rickety
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4855
Gotta jump in with Glenn on this one. Rode Goldwings for many years (big touring bike-900 lbs) Most of these crotch rockets are what we used to call donorcycles, meaning that many times when they went down the only thing left was only good for organ donation. Everyone is entitled to ride what they like, as long as it doesn't endanger your fellow man. Lane splitting is legal only in a few states, and should be done at safe and sane speeds.
off the soap box now.

rickety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2005, 07:22 AM   #15
Dave e Victoria
Montana Master

M.O.C. #635
Glenn,
I suspect Ghandi is not one ofyour heros.
Deliberately opening that door is to open yourself to a charge of attempted murder or manslaughter and properly so. This kind of vigilantiism represents a sort of testosterone battle that is simply not worth it and is itself illegal under the name of "road rage." The chance of leaving the lives of the riders loved ones in ruins is just too great. Infact, regardless of the law or religeous belief, such action must be considered wholly unethica. While the rider may be accused of doing just that, it is incumbent on the rest of us to remain concerned about the happiness or suffering of others -- even those we don't personally know.