Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 09-08-2010, 06:28 AM   #1
DonandJudy_12
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3206
Gremlins have taken over

Our tvs have been invaded by gremlins- Suddenly, we receive only a portion of the stations that we did have- Why? Is it the batwing? My dw is very upset because she can't view her programs- She has reprogrammed both sets repeatedly to no avail- We have readjusted the batwing repeatedly to no avail- If any Mocers have experienced and solved this problem, PLEASE help me fix this problem before the NFL schedule begins- Don

DonandJudy_12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 12:52 PM   #2
restez
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #10477
Some people have reported bad connections on the cable's. Poor fittings and splitters ect.
restez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 09:27 PM   #3
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
If you are in the same spot and were getting adequate reception in the past,and if you have made no changes,then it must be some loose wiring. One other thing, if you are getting your reception off your antenna, check to see if you have inadvertently turned off your switch. Mine is in the clothes closet.
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 08:26 AM   #4
simonsrf
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3120
Is the booster in the closet on?
simonsrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 08:43 AM   #5
DonandJudy_12
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3206
We receive some channels with the antennae unhooked- we receive more channels on the bedroom 19" tv than we get on the 22" in the living room when the antennae is hooked up- both tvs are digital- we lose channels when I turn the booster on- I have replaced the power booster and the batwing- I have replaced 2 questionable coax connecters- I would replace the coax if possible- what more can I do short of trading rvs? HELP!!!!!! Don
Old 09-18-2010, 09:09 AM   #6
Jolu
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7919
Have you checked any splitters that may be near the main TV or other places? It sounds like since it is just the main TV you are having the trouble with it may be a connection problem in that line source. There are usually more than a couple of coax connectors.
The coax connector at the batwing itself is real suspect also. Does the coax on the roof at the antenna have any cracks in the sheathing?

You did mention that you have done a channel scan and that does not cure the problem.

Another thought is that your stations you tune to have changed something. I have run into that since all the digital changes have been taking place. Some stations appear to have not come up to the proper power. I have noticed some stations in AZ not being as good as they were the previous year.

Joe
Jolu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 11:09 AM   #7
simonsrf
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3120
Don,

Another thought...if the TV was programmed and there wasn't a channel at that location where you were parked, the TV does not have a channel location established.

You might want to try reestablishing those channels when you are in a location that has many channels for sure in the immediate area.

I know this because I did the same thing, and later found that channel 3 which is where my DVR is set was not in the channel lineup.

Good luck, I hate TV problems.
simonsrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 12:13 PM   #8
Bradley Dighton
Established Member

M.O.C. #10110
We are experiencing the same gremlin. Sometimes we have all of the channels that were programmed and other times we have only two or three and sometimes we have NONE. Last night we had nothing but today they are all back again. It is a brand new 2013 unit and we are several miles from a dealer. Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated.
Bradley Dighton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 04:29 PM   #9
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
We had that with our rig also. We had good luck using the auto program feature and reprograming the channels most of the time. Sometimes, like in Goshen, that didn't help. Finally bought a Winegard and went with Dish and no problems since. From an NFL point of view I also now get the Thursday night games also.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 04:53 PM   #10
DonandJudy_12
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3206
Problem solved- Traded fivers- The new to us fiver has excellent reception- THANX for all replies- JMHO- Don
Old 06-03-2013, 05:35 PM   #11
Rondo
Site Team

M.O.C. #7560
OK DON, don't keep us in suspense-- what did you trade for? Hopefully not an SOB?
Rondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 11:40 AM   #12
DonandJudy_12
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3206
Couldn't get a Montana 3400RL because of the economics soooo we got a SOB but we'll still be on the forum as long as allowed- We love this forum- Don