Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Full Timing in your Montana
Click Here to Login

Old 11-23-2019, 10:37 AM   #1
Five O'clock Somewhere
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #20168
How much weight can be stored under bed

Since going full time we seem to continue to add items to our overall weight. (No matter how much stuff I get rid of from the outside compartments)

The current issue is the storage under the bed which is causing issues with the carpet.

Anyone know what the weight limit for the bedroom slide is? We have a 2018 3731FL

Five O'clock Somewhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2019, 12:15 PM   #2
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
Never seen a number, but you might consider rebuilding it. When we put a heavy mattress in our old rig, the bed pulled out of the wall. Since I had to take it all apart anyway, I went ahead and added a total of four big rollers under it that I got from Lowes. Once I reattached the bed with more than the two original screws
we never had another problem.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2019, 03:29 PM   #3
Daryles
Montana Master

M.O.C. #24086
I read another thread somewhere that when they extended the slide it left the bed on the floor. Apparently they had books stored under there. Very heavy. I bought 3 extra rollers to add to support the weight so it does not leave dents in the linoleum. A project I will do over the winter.
Daryles is offline   Reply With Quote