Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 10-16-2004, 01:37 PM   #1
pilk
Established Member

M.O.C. #1633
Send a message via AIM to pilk
water lines/help quick!!!!!!!!!!!!

Model 3670rl When you open the large storage door on the curb side there are water lines coming out of basement going to shower and lavatory. I have every thing winterized(nice and pink in all lines) except for two of the lines under the lavatory!!!! the lines going to the facets are full of anti freeze but there are two other lines that come up under the lavatory and go thru what looks like some kind of a breather valve and back to basement. since no anti freeze pumped thru them during the winterizing I don't know what they are for. I can see water standing in them in storage area. I took valve at top under lavatory off and turned pump on and still nothing!!!! Help!!!!!!!!!!!

pilk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2004, 02:38 PM   #2
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
That valve and lines are for the black tank flush. I never thought about needing to winterize those back when we winterized for the winter so I never did it. I read somewhere it's a good idea to winterize them but have no idea how to do that. Hopefully someone who has been there will see your post and chime in. We had winters down into single digits and we didn't have any problems with the black tank flush so I'm not sure how important this is.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2004, 06:45 AM   #3
8.1al
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1658
I think the black tank flush lines are pretty much self draining but it wouldn't hurt to blow some air through them
8.1al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2004, 07:02 AM   #4
NJ Hillbilly
Montana Master

M.O.C. #242
I blew air through them then took a short length of garden hose, hooked it to the flush inlet, filled the hose with a/f then blew it in with air. I really don't think any water lays in the lines but it can't hurt.

John
NJ Hillbilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2004, 01:30 PM   #5
BillyRay
Montana Master

M.O.C. #607
I winterized mine, and it's already done...didn't do that, so hopefully I didn't goof up!
BillyRay is offline   Reply With Quote