Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 10-19-2004, 02:28 PM   #21
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
We took our first 4-day shakedown cruise this past weekend. Had to go back to the rig to unload some needed items and deliver the clean linens. When we were at the rig, both of us proclaimed, "Ready to go again!"

We are both very near 65 and expect to be in charge of our greatly expanded discretionary time (called retirement) by April. After a weekend at Rainbows End in Livingston, TX, (which is a part of the Escapees Club), and seeing how that even after health begins to fail, there is a way to get support and continue the RVing lifestyle, we feel very comfortable with the prospect of an elongated fulltiming future.

stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2004, 03:56 PM   #22
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Jeff Heiser

Little Rascal,
You put down the stablizer jacks? Man I tried to get my wife to do that and she asked if I was crazy or what!

Steve,
When you all decided to go fulltime did you sell everything, what did you keep, did you get a storage facility, did you keep your house as a home base? My wife's biggest concern about going fulltime is what to do with her collectables (pottery, mother's crystal, etc)? We were talking this past weekend about when the day comes to go fulltime (it's not if we do rather its when) and what we plan to keep and what to get rid of. We have already started going through things and either giving things to the kids and their families or charity. We have about 3 to 4 years before we actually go fulltime.

Jeff Heiser
Merritt Island Florida
Jeff, we stored everything we could not bear to part with and those things that are irreplaceable. We had planned to use climate-controlled inside storage but one of our sons and his wife offered their basement. My folks have the piano, they enjoy it so offered to let them keep it for us.

We sold the house and became South Dakota residents. Our "home base", so to speak, is Campus RV Park in Independence, MO, in the Kansas City area. We have three children in the KC area and two granddaughters. We arrived at Campus this afternoon and will remain here until after Christmas. Got to have that granddaughters fix, as well as our children, you know?

It was hard selling the house. Vicki had wanted to keep it but after some financially serious problems with the basement walls (fully finished basement) we decided to sell it.

We sold some things to neighbors, like snowblower, lawnmower, etc. Those things our kids wanted we gave to them. What was usable by charities we gave away. The rest went to an auction, a 'live estate sale'. We might have got more out of it by advertising and/or lawn sales but this was far less hassle.

In two days we'll complete 19 months of fulltiming and do not regret a single minute of it. And we've found it nice to not have to worry about the house. Just our opinion, of course.

If any questions, feel free to email me. Put something like MOC in the subject so I don't delete it thinking it's spam.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote