Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 10-04-2004, 09:09 PM   #1
harleyrider
Montana Master

M.O.C. #627
Think i`ll stay right here from now on.

i`m also a member on the "RV.NET" forum.Lately I am always defending our Montanas.People calling my purchase JUNK and LOW quality.Keystone is alful it goes on and on and on.I am really sick of it.I have never bad mouthed any bodys purchase in a 5er.I always wish them good luck with what ever they buy.

But every time I get on that forum thier are Keystone and Montana bashers.Don`t but a Montana buy this brand.Montanas are all eye candy,no real quality.Its terrible.

Its like these people that want you to feel just horrible with what I bought.And the more I defend it the more they bash it.

Thanks for listening.

harleyrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2004, 02:03 AM   #2
GordonR
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1801
Send a message via AIM to GordonR
Harleyrider - I just went over and read the thread you're talking about. I understand what you mean. I wonder if it's just jealousy creeping through. There are some problems - maybe even some horror stories - with most manufacturers. AND, no one likes to admit they spent a significant chunk of money unwisely. If you're happy with what you've got; then you're happy. If not, you generally make other people unhappy too. With all of that heavy duty philosophy behind me, I agree with you. Like you, I'll be staying among friends.
Gordon
GordonR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2004, 02:34 AM   #3
BillyRay
Montana Master

M.O.C. #607
It's easy to be bitter when you've been burned with a bad unit...been there. I think all brands have flaws and weak points. there are things I would have liked better in all the past and present units I've owned.
BillyRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2004, 03:07 AM   #4
Bowie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1475
Like Gordon I was curious and went and read the entire thread you are concerned about (as well as a number of others!). Agree with BillyRay, it IS easy to be bitter when burned by a lemon unit. BUT a lot of these people have obviously NOT ever owned Montanas. They just chose another manufacturer for whatever reason which of course is their option. But to badmouth the unchosen product seems kinda like the 8 yr old kid stuff "nanee nanee boo boo mine is better than yours". In short, I viewed most of the posts as the blathering of owners trying to convince themselves that they got the best deal and then patting each other on the back. Agree also with Gordon's take on the issues.

HarleyRider--you expressed yourself well. The real bottom line is--each of us has only so much we can invest in an RV. We do the best we can with our choice given our finances and location and the info we can assimilate. We buy the unit which seems to best suit our needs and which we can afford (Montana or otherwise). Only (!!!) got $40,000 to spend?? Guess what--you can't buy an $80,000 unit EVEN IF YOU WOULD PREFER IT! If we are happy with our choice, that is all that counts, certainly not the opinion of some bloke down the road. If we are unhappy because of quality issues--it needs to be taken up with the dealer and manufacturer as people on our site have done and shared. Information from those who know of a product's worth through ownership and use is to be taken into serious consideration. HOWEVER, badmouthing of ANY product on ANY site without actual experience as an owner seems more than just a little rude. We tend to ignore the opinions of the uninformed--experience has shown that those opinions will get you into deep trouble more often than not!! And that goes for life--not just RV's.

WE LIKE THE COMPANY HERE!
Bowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2004, 03:56 AM   #5
Montana_621
Montana Master

M.O.C. #621
I agree with all of you. I used to go to that site also and Steve Reigle pulled me over to this site and I'm so much happier over here. Those people are mean, evil and bitter and I'd rather stay here with wonderful people. That's to all of you for making this forum what it is.
Montana_621 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2004, 03:56 AM   #6
Flastro
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1393
HarleyRider , I went over also and checked it out....had to put in my two cents from my peanut gallery, Ill probably get flamed, but I agree with you thoughts and feel your pain.
*L* we'll see how bad kittypwr gets hammered over there, but I feel what i said was non biased and real....
Flastro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2004, 05:45 AM   #7
Thunderman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #920
Unfortunately it seems RV.Net has too many foolish people making posts. I do not find it to be as enjoyable as in the past. I did have a Signature Ltd. 5ver made by Thor, tons of Thor bashing over there. I never had the problems they discussed, now I have a Montana and there have been very few problems. Does not seem to matter which brand you buy, there will always be someone with many problems. Seems as if problems may be exaggerated by some.
Thunderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2004, 06:05 AM   #8
Glass Guy
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #321
Why can't people comment about a problem they are having with a certain brand without someone jumping in and thinking that every trailer made buy that company is going to have the same problems I also have visited RV net and was not impressed with the way they will put down one company for one reason or another without ever owning one. Most of what I have read on thier site has been hearsay or a friend of a friend said, at least here you can get it form the people that own and in many cases live in thier units everyday.Roman
Glass Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2004, 06:09 AM   #9
Flastro
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1393
When you have the mass's , there will be people from all walks of life and along with that comes their views, I have had my Montana only a short while, and there has been a couple very minor issues that i resolved myself, we love ours and have no regrets. And should it have gotton destroyed in the past storms we exp., I would not have not hesitated ordering another just like it.
Flastro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2004, 06:12 AM   #10
Jeff Heiser
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2088
Most people that make the stupid remarks about other brands regarless of what the product might be most times have never even tried the product they are bashing. I get it all the time whether it's my truck(Chevy), my travel trailer (now a 327RKS) or my motorcycle(a Honda). The way I look at it is most of the ones doing the bashing have no clue and are not worth my time. I try to stay on the forums that have people with common views and opinions. Not that I would want everyone to feel the same about a product but that they have common sense educated opinions and comments. NOT trash talking, bashing BS that serves no purpose. I havent been on this forum for very long but so far it seems to be a pretty good place to hang out.

Jeff Heiser
Merritt Island FL
Jeff Heiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2004, 11:38 AM   #11
harleyrider
Montana Master

M.O.C. #627
Thanks guys and gals.I read every ones post and I agree with all that was said.It just upsets me that some one that hasn`t owned a Montana bashes my purchase.I work hard for my money as well as all you guys do to.It just gets my goat.

when I was a nebie RV`er the RV.net forum helped me big time with many questions I had.Didn`t know about this forum then.And their were some posters that didn`t like my bike brand,didn`t like my truck(dodge)and didn`t even like the fact that I was a member of the Teaamster Union.But at that time they were far and few between.But now it seems that every body and his mother is a expert on all brands.And knows every thing about every thing.And god for bid you don`t agree with their reasoning.

well enough of my ranting,thanks to all.i will stay right here with my extended Montana family.

i do feel better now.
harleyrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2004, 01:21 PM   #12
toolmanroy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1745
We used to belong to irv2 and never had bashing like that. I don't understand why people would do that. It reminds me of the kids on the playground who put other kids down to make themselves feel superior. You would hope eventually they would grow up. There is nothing to be gained by alienating those who might become friends.
toolmanroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2004, 01:44 PM   #13
Montana_593
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #593
harleyrider

Still like the picture of your rig, guess you'll have to add it to this sig. I wouldn't worry too much about what the smashers say. Life is sweet when you know you got a good thing.

See Ya!
Montana_593 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2004, 04:20 PM   #14
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
I agree with all of you. No matter what unit you have, there will always be someone that comes along and tells you why yours is junk and theirs is great. A lot of Jr. Highers who never grew up. I like this forum much better than others I've visited because we share all kinds of things- good and bad, even jokes and food. I had an interesting conversation with a minister last week (at my oldest daughter's wedding) who spent a good 1/2 hour ranting and raving about how wrong it is of people to be judgemental and telling me how wonderful I was because I have accepted my youngest daughter who has a different live style. Right at the end of the conversation politics came up and when he found out I didn't agree with him, he got up and left and never said another word to me!
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2004, 05:30 PM   #15
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Harleyrider, I always figured it's jealousy that causes that kind of behavior. Kind of like the decals you see that say 'pee on this truck' and 'pee on that truck'. Instead of defending them you might remind them Montana is currently headed for its fourth consecutive year as the number one selling RV trailer in North America. There's a reason for that! As WE all know and THEY have yet to figure out.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2004, 06:54 PM   #16
Northstar
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1757
Well as someone new to this rv game--it appears I found the right forum to hook up with. Nice to know we are mature people here in this forum and not little children. Thanks for all the kind comments concerning MOC forum. Glad to be a member of the MOC. Happyrving......
Northstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2004, 12:33 PM   #17
skyguy
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #940
Send a message via AIM to skyguy
This is one of the major downfalls of Internet forums - I'll bet many of the flamers out there would never say what they write directly in your face, but are able to do so while "hiding" behind their monitor.

I have found it much more worthwhile to join forums dedicated to one particular brand versus a generic forum that caters to all comers - in some cases the "flamers" may not have even a clue what they are talking about, they are just there to "stir up the pot" so to speak.

Much more productive to spend time answering a legitimate question that to waste time responding to some idiot.

Just my two bits worth!
skyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2004, 02:01 AM   #18
Montana_1280
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1280
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Bowie

Like Gordon I was curious and went and read the entire thread you are concerned about (as well as a number of others!). Agree with BillyRay, it IS easy to be bitter when burned by a lemon unit. BUT a lot of these people have obviously NOT ever owned Montanas. They just chose another manufacturer for whatever reason which of course is their option. But to badmouth the unchosen product seems kinda like the 8 yr old kid stuff "nanee nanee boo boo mine is better than yours". In short, I viewed most of the posts as the blathering of owners trying to convince themselves that they got the best deal and then patting each other on the back. Agree also with Gordon's take on the issues.
HarleyRider--you expressed yourself well. The real bottom line is--each of us has only so much we can invest in an RV. We do the best we can with our choice given our finances and location and the info we can assimilate. We buy the unit which seems to best suit our needs and which we can afford (Montana or otherwise). Only (!!!) got $40,000 to spend?? Guess what--you can't buy an $80,000 unit EVEN IF YOU WOULD PREFER IT! If we are happy with our choice, that is all that counts, certainly not the opinion of some bloke down the road. If we are unhappy because of quality issues--it needs to be taken up with the dealer and manufacturer as people on our site have done and shared. Information from those who know of a product's worth through ownership and use is to be taken into serious consideration. HOWEVER, badmouthing of ANY product on ANY site without actual experience as an owner seems more than just a little rude. We tend to ignore the opinions of the uninformed--experience has shown that those opinions will get you into deep trouble more often than not!! And that goes for life--not just RV's.

WE LIKE THE COMPANY HERE!
Right on Bowie and Amen....very well stated. Happy trails.
Montana_1280 is offline   Reply With Quote