Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 02-25-2008, 11:33 AM   #1
grconner

M.O.C. #8191
12' Mega Sofa Booth Dinette

Anyone have any info on this option for the Mountaineer? We just ordered a 332PHT with it as one of the options. We got a few pictures from the factory, but would like some comment from those who have had experience with it. It is a c shaped couch that goes the full length of the slide (12')and wraps around the corners. It is a couch that fills all three walls of slide. It has two removable tables that go in front of the couch to serve as a dinette. Normally you would only use one table unless you had a large number of people eating. I've seen something like it in toyhaulers. It has the air mattress type sofa bed in the center. The outsides look like the are built in. It is a pretty new option-the dealer didn't even know what it was. If I knew how to add a picture-I would. Hope this helps-I'm guessing that no one is familiar with it. It's a little pricey ($1500 option).

grconner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 03:07 AM   #2
Emmel
Montana Master

M.O.C. #808
Gerry, I just wanted to explain why there has been a lot of readers of your post and no answers yet. Most readers will not respond to a question when they are not real sure what the reference to a 12' mega slide is.
Let me explain my thoughts. We, as most models having 3 slides do, have a 12' slide with the booth/sofa in it. When the slide is called a mega slide, is this a new thing for the Mountaineer?
Both of our Montanas have had the big slide and we really loved them, lotsa room! The 4 slide 5ers do not have that big slide on one side, they have two slides there.
Keep your questions coming and sooner or later, someone will jump in there with some answers!
Emmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 03:14 AM   #3
D and M On The Road
Montana Master

M.O.C. #49
grconner...... What is a "12' Mega Sofa Booth Dinette?" Give us more of a description of it. As Emmel said, I think none of us exactly know what that is.

I went to the Keystone RV website and looked at the floorplan of that model but didn't see any options fitting that description.

Thanks!

D and M On The Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 08:40 AM   #4
6.7 CTD
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #8114
I think he/she means a dining area that is ALL sofa in a horseshoe shape with a very long dining table (removable) in front of it.......kinda like some toy haulers have.
6.7 CTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 08:41 AM   #5
grconner

M.O.C. #8191
As you can tell-I'm new to the site. After looking at my response, I realized I should have replyed rather than edit my original post. Hopefully you'll get the idea. I'll do better next time.
grconner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 08:46 AM   #6
6.7 CTD
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #8114
It does make for a nice little seating area to watch tv or whatever
6.7 CTD is offline   Reply With Quote