Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 01-29-2007, 09:55 AM   #61
Bob & Lee
Montana Master

M.O.C. #718
Brad and Dory,
Looked like a real fun trip thru the mountians, We brought ours home from KC MO on new years day,all flat land. I hope we get a little thaw here in Fountain, so I can clean it, it is beond dirty.

Bob

Bob & Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 09:56 AM   #62
Bob & Lee
Montana Master

M.O.C. #718
Brad and Dory,
Looked like a real fun trip thru the mountians, We brought ours home from KC MO on new years day,all flat land. I hope we get a little thaw here in Fountain, so I can clean it, it is beond dirty.

Bob
Bob & Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 04:34 PM   #63
Montana_6770

M.O.C. #6770
We really enjoyed seeing your pictures. Maybe I could ask my question on this site. We just bought a 2007 2500HD Chevy DuraMax Quad cab with a short bed. We are going to take delivery of a 3400RL in a couple of weeks and are very excited. I have had two Montana dealers tell us that we do NOT need a slide hitch for our bed. Can any out there confirm this or perhaps are in our same situation? We have graduated from a 30' Keystone Sprinter and are excited about???!!! the experience of towing this new beautiful monster with which we have replaced our trailer. Thanks Spike and Karen
Montana_6770 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 05:46 PM   #64
Bluegill
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6121
Congratulations Brad, I'm a week late on this Sorry.

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by bsmeaton

Picked up our 3400 Monday, and there were some pleasant surprises:
  • 27" View Sonic flat screen HDTV with the rear cupboard that slides out for DVD storage
  • Basement 110VAC/12VDC/TV outlets mounted at the ceiling
The rest was as ordered and anticipated.

Towing (about 400 miles) was better than expected, I assume because of the mor-ryde. We did get bucking on rough road, but never the huge bounces we experienced with our old one. We did notice it is one BIG trailer - (what have I done!). Measured and noted height with the tall front AC - 13' 3" on the truck.

Also noticed that I have to use a stool to reach the awning levers and knobs which will be a real pain trying to put it away in the wind. Will have to reconsider the electric very soon.

Unfortunately, we came home to yet another 8" of snow on top of the 2' still on the ground. Lost my spirit to work on it or even play. Just want to put it in storage and not think about it till I see grass again
Bluegill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 09:50 AM   #65
stevemc
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6587
Congradulations Brad & Dory!! I enjoyed all the pictures, what a beautiful rig!! It's nice to see nice thing happen to such nice folks.
I got the thermostat installed that you gave me and it looks and works great! I hope we meet out there on the road someday!
Steve
stevemc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 10:02 AM   #66
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
Steve - glad that worked out for you!

Thanks again all for the responses. Couple of new observations on the 3400RL:

The furnace is extremely quiet from the living room! Use to have to turn the TV way up when the furnace came on.

The landing gear is super quiet! Must be a new system from our 2003.

BTW - I have the DVD Manual in pdf format if anyone is missing one.

Brad
bsmeaton is offline   Reply With Quote