Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 11-01-2004, 12:25 PM   #1
Montana_2230
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2230
RCA Radio/ Cd Center in 2955RL

I am missing the user manual on this unit. Can someone please tell me how to set the clock on it. Other operations seems simple enough. I've tried all the buttons, but can't find the right combination to set the clock. Also, anyway to shut the unit off, when we use the power button it just goes into standby mode.

For those who don't know, we just bought this 2001 "previously enjoyed" Montana and are trying to learn about it.

Appreciate any feed back. Thanks,

Montana_2230 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2004, 03:02 PM   #2
OntMont
Montana Master

M.O.C. #122
Funny thing, I can do it, but I can't tell you how to do it without having the unit in front of me. If nobody else comes forward, I'll go look at ours and make notes!
OntMont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2004, 03:33 PM   #3
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
1. Press and hold the button labeled "Clock" until the hour starts flashing.
2. Use the arrow buttons above the Preset button to change the hour.
3. Do number 1 again until the minutes start flashing.
4. Use the arrow buttons to change the minutes.
5. Press the button labeled "Prog/Set". That locks it in.

We think when you get the clock set the Power button will take you to standby and then the clock will show. If still not what you want, post back.

Congrats on the new Montana!

I assume your RCA radio is the same as ours.

Hope this helps.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2004, 04:19 PM   #4
rames14
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1920
As for the standby, we have had a number of "receivers" that have that "feature". If you turn it off with the button, it goes out of standby but you can't turn it on then with the remote. I think it is a means to allow you to turn off access when it's not being used. Just a thought.
Ron and Terrie Ames - MOC #1920/KF0NTA
2021Montana 3230CK Super Solar Legacy Package
2021 Ram 3500 Laramie Longhorn, BIM Charging
4x4, SRW, LB, Crew Cab, Pullrite 3900 Hitch
rames14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2004, 05:35 PM   #5
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
Ain't it fun. Those who buy new units with all the instruction manuals miss half the fun of discovery. I might suggest a trip to the internet site of your manufacturer to see if there might be an online users manual. If not, a reqest to the tech dept might turn up instructions.
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2004, 07:01 PM   #6
Northstar
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1757
I knew you would get some good help soon from our members. Keep us posted. Happyrving.....
Northstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2004, 03:18 AM   #7
snowbunny
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #409
Send me the model number as I think I have a spare manual for ours I would send you.
snowbunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2004, 03:51 AM   #8
Montana_2230
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2230
Steve, I tried your procedure but could not find a button that would change the flashing time element. There are no buttons above the preset button on my RCA model RS1285. I pushed and held the clock button and then pushed every botton on the radio, but couldn't find the one that changes the flashing number/s.It does go to standby,and then displays the clock.

Jim, would appreciate the manual if it is for my model radio.

Appreciate all the comments to my post.

Thanks,
Old 11-02-2004, 04:22 AM   #9
Steve Ryan
Established Member

M.O.C. #2002
Hi Ray and Judy,this is what comes right out of the owners manual for the RS1285
1.Press CLOCK until the time flashes on the display.
2.Press TUNING UP or DOWN to set the hour and then press PRESET UP/DOWN to shift to minute digits.
3.Press TUNING UP or DOWN to set the minute
4.Press SET to save settings and STOP to quit setting.
Note:
When the system is on,you can press CLOCK to display the current time for about 2 seconds.
Hope this helps.
Steve Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2004, 04:59 AM   #10
Thunderman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #920
[quote]Originally posted by Floridanomads

Steve, I tried your procedure but could not find a button that would change the flashing time element. There are no buttons above the preset button on my RCA model RS1285. I pushed and held the clock button and then pushed every botton on the radio, but couldn't find the one that changes the flashing number/s.It does go to standby,and then displays the clock.

Jim, would appreciate the manual if it is for my model radio.

Appreciate all the comments to my post.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I think the arrow buttons are below the preset. I have to push the clock button repeatedly some times in order to make the hour or minute flash. You may need to push set after the hour is set and after the minute is set. Good luck!
Thunderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2004, 08:30 AM   #11
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Just checked, we have the same model. If you hold clock until the hour flashes, then the buttons to push to change the hour are those in the preset area. The button has two arrows and a bar. The left one changes the hours one way, the other one the other way. When hour is set, push clock again, set the minutes. Then push the big Prog/Set button to lock it in and stop the flashing. That works for us anyhow.
Old 11-02-2004, 12:45 PM   #12
Montana_2230
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2230
I was able to get the hours changed to the correct time by pushing the clock button until it flashed and then pushing the tunning knob until the correct digit and am/pm was set. Never could get the minute digits to flash. The minutes are only off about 2 minutes.

Thanks to all for your help.
Old 11-02-2004, 12:58 PM   #13
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
That's strange. Just another push of the clock button should have caused minutes to flash. Maybe have to hold the clock button until they flash. In any case, I'm glad you have it going but next time the minutes might not be so close.
Old 11-02-2004, 01:38 PM   #14
OntMont
Montana Master

M.O.C. #122
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by sreigle

That's strange. Just another push of the clock button should have caused minutes to flash. Maybe have to hold the clock button until they flash. In any case, I'm glad you have it going but next time the minutes might not be so close.
I think it is the fast forward control button on the tape player that causes the minutes to flash after you have set the hour. (Assuming we are all talking about the same model RCA stereo.) Certainly not intuitive!
Old 11-02-2004, 03:15 PM   #15
snowbunny
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #409
Sorry,

Just went out to our Montana and our RCA is Model RP 9316 or something like that.

Good luck.
snowbunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2004, 05:42 AM   #16
VanMan
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9
Here's a link to download the instruction manual for the RS1285

http://download.ethomson.com/english...050050REV1.pdf

Here's a link for the RP9316 (Snowbunny's and mine)

http://download.rca.com/english/RCA/...B/20932420.pdf
VanMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2004, 04:43 PM   #17
OntMont
Montana Master

M.O.C. #122
Hi Florida Nomads,
Did you get your stereo time set?
I took a look at ours today. It seems to work a bit differently from the way Steve described, but it is a 1285 model. Here is how I set ours:

1. Put the unit in Stand-by.
(All the buttons mentioned below are on the middle section of the unit - find them all before you start because the process will terminate if you don't keep pressing buttons fairly quickly).
2. Press the small button with word "clock" under it until the hours start to flash.
3. Adjust the hours with the digital tune button (big one on right)
4. Press the Preset button marked ">>|" to make the minutes flash.
5. Adjust the minutes with the digital tune button.
6 Press the "Set" button which is the larger button on the left to complete the operation.

Hope you get this sorted out, I hate seeing digits flash meaninglessly on a digital display.

It isn't a great stereo anyway, if it gives you too much trouble, I would just look for a better one to replace it.
Old 11-04-2004, 01:15 AM   #18
Montana_2230
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2230
We downloaded the Manual that Vanman gave us the URL for. Our clock is now set correctly. Thanks to all of you who provided comments and responses to our post. This is a great forum!!
Old 11-04-2004, 04:51 AM   #19
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Ray and Judy, I'm glad to hear you got it set. It's frustrating when something like that just doesn't seem to work.

Interestingly, I downloaded the manual and tried it's procedure on ours. Doesn't work at all. So there must be some difference from one year to the next even though they are the same model number. Strange.