Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 10-10-2004, 04:37 PM   #1
WACOT
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #1946
Slide leak update

This is the latest on our 2955 with the numerous silde leak problems. After six trips to the dealership, the factory ask for it to be sent back to them. That happened on Oct 4th and it was returned to us on Oct 30th. Keystone hasn't sent me a detailed report about what all they did but was told that they removed the slideout box and built one to closer align with the dimentions of the cutout. All new seals were installed with the roll type I had seen on other models at the bottom position as well as new and longer drip gutters to direct any water outboard the rubber seals. Any other work done is unknown at this time. Oct 30 was a thrusday and on friday night Sept.1st it rained 2 1/2 inches but a stright rain with no wind. During the next week it rained several times and one was especially a hard rain with enough wind to blow it around a good bit, a good test for the problem, and so far it is still dry. It took a lot of squaking about the problem but it did finally get repaired. I had a call from someone at Keystone customer relations dept. and was told that they were going to extend the warrenty for six months, which I thought was decent of them. I got the letter from them on sat. oct. 9th and the letter said the warrenty was extended for a period of one additional year (untill Feb 2006) which really surprised me, and most welcome as well. My faith in big companies has been partially renewed. We now are getting all our traveling things back inside the trailer and will leave for San Diego the first of Nov. We are looking foreward to using the rig without having to put the slide in when it rains. For those who are having leak problems, maybe there is hope for you as well.
Good luck.

WACOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2004, 04:54 PM   #2
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
Congrats on getting it fixed. Hope you get to sing, "How dry I am" for a long long time.
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2004, 06:12 PM   #3
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Glad to hear it's fixed and that Keystone took care of you. Your experience is on a par with what we're seeing. It's nice to know you bought from a company that cares about having happy customers, isn't it? Hope you enjoy your San Diego trip.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2004, 02:06 AM   #4
Montana_70
Montana Master

M.O.C. #70
Wacot,

I sure hope your this factory fix is the last fix. I wish Keystone would have gone the distance when they took my unit back to the factory last March.

On your downspouts (drip gutters), did they give you new ones? On mine they made them longer by using gobs of silicone and pieces. Anyone who sees them says, they can't believe Keystone thinks that's an acceptable fix. Especially since it still leaks. I did not get the bottom roll feature on my seals either. Looks like Keystone got serious about fixing your leaks.

I hope my turn is next.
Montana_70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2004, 04:54 AM   #5
Montana_621
Montana Master

M.O.C. #621
Ok, I know sometimes I am quite dense but am I the only one here that is confused about the dates? It isn't even October 30th yet so how could the unit be returned on the 30th? Is this a month off?

Anyway, I'm glad the unit is back and I hope you aren't having any more problems with it from here on out.
Montana_621 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2004, 09:09 PM   #6
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
BJ, the 2005 models have longer spouts. I got some from Keystone while we were in the area. When we get back to our Montana I intend to install them.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2004, 05:31 PM   #7
fulltimedreamer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #919
Congrats on the repair and kudo's to Montana for standing behind their product. Makes me even happier with my purchase decision!!
fulltimedreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2004, 10:38 AM   #8
WACOT
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #1946
Sorry about the dates. Of course the dates should have read SEPT 4th and SEPT 30th. As it was posted on Oct. 10th, I would have thought you would take it for granted that I had experienced a Senior moment there. The good news is, it appears to have cured the problem. wacot
WACOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2004, 11:04 AM   #9
BillyRay
Montana Master

M.O.C. #607
now I'm wondering if I want to send mine back to the factory for repair or back to the dealership....did you call Keystone directly...or how did it come about to return it there?
BillyRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2004, 11:36 AM   #10
BillyRay
Montana Master

M.O.C. #607
well..after my last post I called keystone directly and spoke to Rollie (very nice and helpful) he said to continue going to the dealer it is a simple job and no need to return to the factory (unless it was something major) he documented everything I said about the leak and made notes for the service people...so we'll see.
BillyRay is offline   Reply With Quote