Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 09-28-2004, 03:17 PM   #1
Montana_2013

M.O.C. #2013
Dometic Refrigerator

Have a 2005 2980 Montana . Took it out for the first time time September 16-19. Notced that the refrigerator was on auto/gas. We were hooked up to electricity. Talked to someone else that has a Montana and he looked in the outside compartment for the refrigerator.He had a circuit tester and found the fuse for the refrigerator was blown. We put another 5amp fuse in and then the auto/ac lite came on. Well, I went to the trailer 2 days later to check the refrigerator, opened the freezer door and everything was defrosted. What seems to be the problem?

Montana_2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2004, 03:36 PM   #2
Northstar
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1757
Congratulations on your new Montana. I don't know the answer to your problem, but I am sure someone will come along and help. Happyrving......
Northstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2004, 04:12 PM   #3
rames14
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1920
Jo Ann -

Have you contacted your dealer yet? They should be able to take care of that right away for you. If it's blowing fuses, there must be a large current draw, possible a bad motor. I assume it works on gas. Best have your dealer repair it since its under warranty. Good luck.
Ron and Terrie Ames - MOC #1920/KF0NTA
2021Montana 3230CK Super Solar Legacy Package
2021 Ram 3500 Laramie Longhorn, BIM Charging
4x4, SRW, LB, Crew Cab, Pullrite 3900 Hitch
rames14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2004, 10:21 AM   #4
Sue
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1356
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Jo Ann Bargenquast
Well, I went to the trailer 2 days later to check the refrigerator, opened the freezer door and everything was defrosted. What seems to be the problem?
JoAnn, was the fridge still on? or did it blow a fuse? Cause I have the same frig and it took me a while to get it figured out. On the vents inside the fridge is a white little peice of plastic that is clipped on sort of to the last vent on the right side, (bend down and look inside towards the back of the frig, near the top) with a little piece of wire to the white plastic thingy. If the white plastic thingy is all the way up to the top of this last vent, then your frig will be warm, slide it all the way down to the bottom of the vent, even down as far to the drip pan under the vents and it will be at it's coldest setting.

Don't ask me who discovered this or why there are no instructions with your unit, I found out from this forum about it. Mine definately runs colder on electricty versus gas.

Hope this helps!!

P.S. Did you get a new truck yet???? (I think your the one who was inquiring on what truck you would recommend)
Sue is offline   Reply With Quote