Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 08-20-2004, 12:20 PM   #1
Virgil
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1457
Back From Trip

Just got back yesterday from a 3000 mile trip to Wisconsin Dells, back through Minneapolis, and then to Black Hills. Had a great time other than the weather. It was cold everywhere. I-90 was really loaded with bikes heading home from Sturgis. The Montana performed flawlessly, pulled great and the Dodge handled it well. Today I scrubbed the Montana head to toe. I was thinking that it sure would be nice if Keystone offered a bra type thing to go over the front panel. A white rubber one with the Montana logo and markings would be great. It could be attached via snaps to the top, sides and bottom. It would be a lot easier to take it off and clean it on the ground. Those little bugs really get stuck on there and I did notice some small rock chips on the front. A bra would help preserve the finish. Just a thought.

Anyway a great trip with no problems.

Virgil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2004, 02:17 PM   #2
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Glad to hear you had a great trip. I have to wonder if we crossed paths somewhere along the line. We were headed the other direction. I agree with you about needing a bra or some other way to reduce bug frustration and damage.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2004, 04:54 PM   #3
Virgil
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1457
Glad to hear you agree with the bra comment. I had to wonder if I met anyone from MOC on my travels. My truck is charcoal colored with a light grey lower panel. I havent seen too many like it around. Anyway. if we did meet, I am sure I waved.
Virgil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2004, 05:53 PM   #4
Montana_738
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #738
Glad you had a nice trip. I think that is what it takes, a 3000 or 4000 mile trip to wish you had something to keep the bugs off the nose. My wife likes to sew and I told her if she could come up with a bra to fit fifth wheels she would make a fortune. I told her even something like glad rap that you could put on before you leave, and peal off at your destination. Her comment was yes and with our luck you would probally peel off the lettering also. I tried everything too get those bugs to scrub off easy, nothing worked. I waxed that front end 3 times before we left, my shoulder ached for a week after that. I even bought this expensive wax $30.00 a pint, this was supposed to be the best in the world, they said you could just wipe the bugs off with a dry rag. Do I have to tell you what they can do with their majic wax?
Please let me know if someone comes up with a brain storm.
Happy Traveling everyone.

Bill
Montana_738 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2004, 01:33 AM   #5
Bill and Ann
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1493
I find a good quality auto wax on the front of the 5th makes it a lot easier to get the bugs off. I haved waxed the whole unit with auto wax and even the black streaks just wipe off.
Bill and Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2004, 04:59 AM   #6
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
On our prior Montana I used a wax from Walmart's RV section. I forget the name but it prominently mentioned "with Teflon" on the front. As I recall, that worked a little better than any other wax I've tried but still not to my satisfaction.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote