Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 02-17-2008, 09:49 AM   #21
campbud
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3142
Welcome to the forum Dick, Louise & Casey. We have a different model so cant help you but did have to say that we purchased ours from Collier RV (this is our 2nd purchase) and have always been happy witht the service. Collier's will do there best to make it right when you take it in. Congratulations on your new Montana!!

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by gkbutler

Welcome to the Forum. We have had nothing but exellent service from Colliers. Our service contact is Lisa who has bent over backward for us. We bought our 2950 there in 2005 and have had it in a couple of times for warranty work. I'm sure they will take care of everything.
Gary and Karen, We worked with Lisa on our first 2955RL she was really very nice about everything. Last time we asked for her but she has moved into the finance part now...we did see and chat a bit with her.

campbud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 12:53 PM   #22
c214dick
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8160
We are very happy with our choice of dealer and the Montana. The funny part is trying to put our "stuff" into different types of storage than our CC. A lot of the containers, bins and racks we bought for the CC can't be used as effectively in the Montana because of the limited storage in the CC. Now we have all of this room and don't know what to do. It's a nice problem to have.
c214dick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 01:51 PM   #23
mail2us
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6920
Welcome Dick and good luck on the slide adjustment. I, like other 3400 owners had similar problem and the dealer fixed it prior to our leaving their lot. I recommend like others here to have the dealer do it.
mail2us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 01:16 AM   #24
c214dick
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8160
We had all of our "problems" fixed including the slide gap. All they did was move the fender back from where the slide overlapped it. There is still a small opening but the service manager said that the original gap was below the floor and would not have caused a problem any way. There were a few other minor repairs so now we just have to wait for spring break and away we go.

My son and his family are flying in from Denver and they will be the first to sleep in the Montana. I just hope they don't use the toilet as I still have it winterized. But I guess if I leave them a supply of winshield washer solvent to flush with it sould be OK (lol)
c214dick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 01:44 AM   #25
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
c214dick,

They can use the toilet, CAREFULLY, we used to winter camp/ski and never had water on board. Used the toilet, this is where we learned to put the gently used paper in the trash can, and only dump the snarly stuff in the toilet, rinse with as little water (used gallon jugs of water) as you can. At the end of the weekend, when preparing to return to the stick built, we ran some pink in the bowl, flushed, and added some more. Worked fine for us, for limited number of days we spent winter camping in a rig that was not meant for it, very little R factor, no enclosed underbelly, etc.

Enjoy that visit, and congrats on that rig!
Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote