Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 09-15-2007, 07:26 AM   #21
blarkman
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1977
Well we did take the 3000 into an alignment shop which specializes on bending or repositioning axles and both of our axles needed aligning to a tune of $185. But did find out that the spring to block shackes are worn, you can see the top of the holes after a total of 8000 miles the shackles need to be replaced, remembering that I have a 2006, 3000RK with 5200# axles I am taking unit to dealer in Eugene to let them look at it on Thursday. Interesting conversation with both RBW hitches and Mission tire people, will expand on it after my visit with Montana dealer
bob

blarkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 06:21 PM   #22
mtheo
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6171
We have a 2007 3000RK and the DW loves it. We have about 6,000 to 8,000 miles on it now. This is our second RK. We have had some problems with the rear kitchen. But nothing we could not live with, door latches and strap on the one upper cabnit. The ride was fairly good but it was improved with a 5th airborne.
I keep hearing that the 2007 3000RK is suppost to have 6,000# axles I have checked mine and they are 5,200#. Is there anything in writing from Keystone that states the was suppost to have 6,000#?
Mark
mtheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 03:47 AM   #23
Delaine and Lindy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6650
I still say the Mor/Ryde suspension gives you the best ride for the money. Full independent suspension being the best. I just wish when we had the Disk brakes installed we would have went with the independent suspension, mistake but thats life...

I don't have a rear kitchen but know some people who does have the rear kitchen and they seem to be happy with it. The reason we don't like the rear kitchen is we would lose our view, our rear window is large and our side windows are large also. While we were out West (Montana, Arizona,Colorado, etc) we wouldn't have had the view of those majestic mountain ranges with the rear kitchen. But its different need, for different people. Life is good, what a Country. GBY....
Delaine and Lindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 08:57 AM   #24
blarkman
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1977
You need to check the built date, as I understood it the 2007 were supposed to have 6000# axles and therefore alarher carrying capicity. Go to the montana site and look under specifications for 2007 and also check what is says on plate at left front
bob
blarkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 07:01 PM   #25
Bill and Lisa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6958
I have a 2007 3000RK built in Feb of 2007. When purchased my weight stickers reflected data for the 5200# axles. Visually checking the stamps on the axles I have 6000# axles. I have since recieved new interior and exterior weight stickers reflecting the increased limits from having 6000# axles.

Now, way back to the bigging of this thread and being better educated since I attended the rally exactly what NEW MorRyde suspension are you asking about JKA. Many responses to your question have talked about pin boxes but that is not what you asked about. The MorRyde RE is coming standard on the new montanas. Many including myself have spoke about the ride with that suspension. The "LATEST" "NEW" morRyde suspension is the independent wheel suspension which does NOT have an axle stretching across the bottom of the coach connecting two wheels together. Each wheel is independantly mounted and supported. It looks like a slick system and as I wand to raise the rear end of my Monty I have that upgrade near the top of my wish list.
See more on the "IS" system here:
http://morryde.com/php/products/susp...bles/index.php

Bill
Bill and Lisa is offline   Reply With Quote