Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 06-03-2007, 04:55 AM   #1
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
Backup Light new feature

I just got a response back from Keystone one of my suggestions for back up lights, and they said they just added a back up light to the entire Montana line. Might look for it on your 2008 models!

Just a note - most of the hitch installers don't bother with the backup light connection on the TV plug install. If your 2008 has a backup light, you might have to run the extra wire to the center pin on the receptacle or be sure and have your hitch installer make the extra effort.

bsmeaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 11:12 AM   #2
Delaine and Lindy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6650
That will be a great option or addition. We have back-up lights on our Cambridge, its wired into the 7 way plug. We also have docking lights. A switch next to the Hydraulic jacks turns the docking light on, and it lights up the whole rear area, plenty of lights. You will like the back-up lights. GBY...
Delaine and Lindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 11:55 AM   #3
David and Jo-Anna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6022
Our Big Sky came with backup lights. And Brad, you are correct about the installers--the truck outfitter we used to put in the hitch and pigtail only did a 6 pin hookup, so I had to go back and have them hookup the seventh pin to activate the backup lights. Glad to see they are going to add that feature to future Montanas.
David and Jo-Anna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 01:58 PM   #4
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
I also suggested they add the midturn lights from the Cambridge, but no response on that one.
Old 06-03-2007, 04:50 PM   #5
Fire5er
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3403
bsmeaton,

Our 3400RL came with the back-up lights. It's only about a month older than yours.

Karl
Fire5er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 04:05 AM   #6
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Will be interested in reports on how effective the back up lights are.It would seem they would have to be very bright and my thought was that since you can not see back there from the truck what good are back up lights. I do have the back up cam which helps some and Helen who helps a lot.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 05:36 AM   #7
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
Fire5er - I didn't realize they already started! Where did they end up installing them?

Rich - You're right. The main thing is to light up behind you so you don't run over the DW trying to give you directions . Mine are at the outer edges facing back, and on each side as docking lights (4 total). I can see the edge of the campspot as well as the pedestal, etc.

Brad