Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 05-11-2007, 04:23 AM   #1
Grumpys Wife

M.O.C. #5970
Good Sam Club?

Hi everyone,
I'm on a chat list RVK9 on yahoo. They were talking about Coach Net and someone brought up the trouble they had with Good Sam. When I asked what the problem was, another member of the list wrote the following:

"The problem with Good Sam (and the other ERS offered by the Affinity Group) is they consider dog shows a commercial activity and thus invalidates the membership if you use your RV in conjunction with a dog show."

Since Grumpy (Gary)and I do the dog show circut, this is a concern. I've written Good Sam about it, but haven't heard back from them yet.

Thank you for the space
Grumpy's Wife
Janie

Grumpys Wife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 06:15 AM   #2
refocused
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6586
Don't tell them and welcome to the forum!

Suzanne
refocused is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 07:21 AM   #3
315RLS
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1900
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Grumpys Wife

Hi everyone,
I'm on a chat list RVK9 on yahoo. They were talking about Coach Net and someone brought up the trouble they had with Good Sam. When I asked what the problem was, another member of the list wrote the following:

"The problem with Good Sam (and the other ERS offered by the Affinity Group) is they consider dog shows a commercial activity and thus invalidates the membership if you use your RV in conjunction with a dog show."

Since Grumpy (Gary)and I do the dog show circut, this is a concern. I've written Good Sam about it, but haven't heard back from them yet.

Thank you for the space
Grumpy's Wife
Janie
Janie,
We use our RV amost exclusively for dog shows and have called them a number of times. As a dog show is a venue at a location I have never even thought to meantion "dog show". I've had them come to "x" fair grounds and "y" hockey area.. Has never presented a problem. As all our dogs are in our TV, if they had to take the trailer someplace to work on it, this wouldn't present such a problem. Curious what breed of dogs you show.. We have goldens.
315RLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 08:25 AM   #4
OntMont
Montana Master

M.O.C. #122
Just curious, what did people have to say about CoachNet? We have it, but I have never had to use it, so far (touch wood!).
OntMont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 05:40 PM   #5
Grumpys Wife

M.O.C. #5970
You've had them come to a Dog show to fix your RV?
I show Australian Shepherds.

Janie,
We use our RV amost exclusively for dog shows and have called them a number of times. As a dog show is a venue at a location I have never even thought to meantion "dog show". I've had them come to "x" fair grounds and "y" hockey area.. Has never presented a problem. As all our dogs are in our TV, if they had to take the trailer someplace to work on it, this wouldn't present such a problem. Curious what breed of dogs you show.. We have goldens.
[/quote]
Old 05-11-2007, 05:41 PM   #6
Grumpys Wife

M.O.C. #5970
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by refocused

Don't tell them and welcome to the forum!

Suzanne
Hi Suzanne, and thank you for the welcome.
It might be a little had not to tell them if you broke down at a show site..

Janie
Old 05-11-2007, 05:43 PM   #7
Grumpys Wife

M.O.C. #5970
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by OntMont

Just curious, what did people have to say about CoachNet? We have it, but I have never had to use it, so far (touch wood!).
They had nothing but wonderful comments about CoachNet.
Old 05-11-2007, 06:11 PM   #8
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
I chose Coach-net and have had excellent, efficient service.
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 02:14 AM   #9
315RLS
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1900
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Grumpys Wife

You've had them come to a Dog show to fix your RV?
I show Australian Shepherds.
Yes they've come to a dog show. These are just local service providers that are dispatched by GoodSam. I've yet to see anyone with a GoodSam logo on their uniform show up :-).
315RLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 05:55 PM   #10
Okie Guy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6054
I say good bye to good sam this year. I still haven't figured out the advantage of being a member. I don't get a discount in Oklahoma at the State parks where I camp 70% of the time. Why should I spend $25.00(or whatever) a year when I could spend that money at Camping World!
Okie Guy is offline   Reply With Quote