Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 02-02-2007, 04:52 PM   #1
glenski01
Established Member

M.O.C. #6561
guess I gotta say goodbye

Well, It is only right for me to leave this great forum. Over the last three months we have looked at RV's, then narrowed our inital choices down, researched via forums, carefully considered quite a few Mfgs, then narrowed our choice down more to a just a few units, with Montana a favorite. We then weighed out our use (read camping & big dogs!) more carefully and finally ordered a 5'er that we think will work out for us.

We decided for our needs (and our two large dogs aka ponies), that the Cedar Creek worked for our current needs (more hard surface floors, a couple custom options available etc). It was a pretty difficult choice to not pick the Montana, kind of even had second thoughts for awhile after ordering the Cedar Creek, but now feel content and good to go. The decision process was a bit more daunting than I thought it would be, fun sometimes, a little stressful at others. Kept liking this, then that, etc.

Just want to say thank you EVERYONE. Still love the Montana product, and must say the forums that I checked out & monitored were all so helpful, but the Montana forum is really special, and very heart warming & welcoming!

Everybody, keep it up, this forum is fantastic and so cool that you help everyone out, and keep enjoying your Montana's!!

Everytime we go camping this summer and I see a Montana, I will probably want to come into the rig and check it out!

Again, thanks for sharing.

Regards,

Glen Shannon

glenski01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 04:57 PM   #2
RailroadMike
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5807
As long as your happy you have no need to explain. Come back and see us and let us know how you and the new rig are doing.....Enjoy and have fun....Mike
RailroadMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 05:01 PM   #3
Kathi
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3113
Happy Trails To You. The main thing about the whole thing is that you and you alone must be happy with your purchase. We aren't paying for it you are. Everyone has their own opinion. Thats why it is called the land of the free. Good luck and enjoy yourselves. Kathi
Kathi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 05:12 PM   #4
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
Enjoy your new Cedar Creek! They are a very nice coach. Come on back and let us know how things are going for you, we look forward hearing all about it...
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 07:24 PM   #5
fulltimedreamer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #919
Enjoy your new coach!! Don't be a stanger, drop in and let us know how the new coach works out.
fulltimedreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 10:43 PM   #6
BillyRay
Montana Master

M.O.C. #607
Cedar Creek a a nice choice. They are a very nice unit. Don't feel you need to explain any further, and don't feel bad. You did what was right for you. I have friends that have a cedar creek and love it.
BillyRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 11:36 PM   #7
Jaelyn
Established Member

M.O.C. #619
No one knows your needs better than you. May you have great traveling.
Tom
Jaelyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 01:56 AM   #8
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
As we have said..we did not choose the Montana.. The Montana chose us. It suited our needs at the time just as the Cedar Creek suites yours.IMO the Cedar Creek is every bit as nice as the Montana.....Enjoy..
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 03:33 AM   #9
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
CONGRATULATIONS Glenn!

Was just admiring a new Cedar Creek at the storage lot! Nice looking hi-gloss rig. You will enjoy it. It is a tough decision, but also a FUN decision.

Flash your lights at me anyway when we pass! That way I'll recognize you and probably run into you at the lot!

bsmeaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 03:42 AM   #10
ols1932
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1944
The Cedar Creek is a great unit. As others have said, we need what meets our needs for our dollar. Keep us abreast of how you're doing. Even though it's a different brand, you may still be able to find some help on this forum. And, you may also be able to help us.

Orv
ols1932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 05:29 AM   #11
campbud
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3142
Congratulations and Happy Camping! I am sure you will be very happy with your Cedar CreeK... No one knows your needs better than yourself. Best Wishes, Bob and Kathy
campbud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 07:11 AM   #12
rickety
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4855
Congrats Glen! gald youfound one that works for you.
No reason you can't enjoy the friends you made on the MOC site, check in and let us know how it's going. You cqan still get great ideas here!!!
Take care and enjoy hour new unit
rickety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 11:44 AM   #13
Native Tex
Montana Master

M.O.C. #375
Great choice....we almost bought one ourself but decided on the Monty. You gotta' do what you gotta' do. Best of luck.

Native Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 01:00 PM   #14
Cat320
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5751
Cedar Creek is a nice rig, you'll enjoy it. No reason to leave the forum just because you don't have a Montana. Three years ago I sold a smaller boat and bought a larger one...now I participate in both forums. Lots to learn on any good forum.
Cat320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 02:55 PM   #15
rrheik
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6292
Glen we are so happy that you found a rv that will meet your needs. We are glad that you were able to get some ideas from this forum and others, which helped you in your decision. My neighbor two spaces down has a really nice Cedar Creek, which I have found to have the same high quality beverages as those served in Montanas, with a most comfortable living area. We hope that if you have any questions or knowledge to share that you will visit us, and if not, just stop by and say Hey..... We hope to see you on the road and wish the very best to you and yours..

barb and bob
rrheik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 06:17 AM   #16
Gonfishin
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3604
Hope that you enjoy your new unit... We saw those at the Tampa show and they looked like nice rigs... Happy Camping and enjoy!
sharon
Gonfishin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 10:23 AM   #17
Illini Trekker
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2733
I'm happy for you, come back and share your experiences. Cedar Creeks are a very nice trailer to have! SeeYa
Illini Trekker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 02:56 AM   #18
Garin1
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2773
Congratulations Glenn. Although we may be slightly leaning to one side(Montana) the Ceder Creek is a fine unit. Good luck and be safe.

Oh, and come back and see us once in awhile.
Garin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 03:28 PM   #19
glenski01
Established Member

M.O.C. #6561
You all are the best! Thanks for all the help & positive thoughts. Obviously we are excited about getting our 5'er and will keep you posted. Recently just decided to add the factory Onan 5500 watt built in generator as seems better than using our Honda gas portable unit, and dealer offered it at cost.

Happy Rving and we will keep in touch. (mean it, what a great forum!)
glenski01 is offline   Reply With Quote