Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HEY KEYSTONE! > What I'd like to say if...
Click Here to Login

Old 10-01-2004, 05:25 PM   #1
Trailer Trash 2
Montana Master

M.O.C. #639
Rubber Roof

I don't think they even look at this part of the forum, but here is my question.

The rubber roof should be maintained regularly by washing, and a periodic inspction around all roof vents and seams for possable leaks.

What does Keystone Co. recomend to wash the roof with, and be a good company, and give a name of the cleaner. not all rubber roofs are made with the same material, some might react differently to other company chemicales, and the run-off of some cleaners might harm the side finish and decals also.

Old 10-01-2004, 05:37 PM   #2
Lady RV
Montana Master

M.O.C. #30
Our roofs are made by this company Dicor and the Manuals say to use their products. Just click on the NEW Dicor EPDM Rubber Roofing Care and Maintenance Products graphic in the middle upper part of the page. It looks like this...

Lady RV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2004, 04:04 AM   #3
Bowie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1475
All I can say is A GREAT BIG THANK YOU!!! Appreciate the link. Why was I not smart enough to figure it out myself?? If we use these products, the assumption is that they will ensure that the roof stays in topnotch condition. At least we'll know that we won't inadvertantly damage or compromise it with another product not specifically designed for our roofs. So our warranties should stay intact.
Bowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2004, 08:28 AM   #4
tweir
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #572
I think the 303 product line is also OK to use on the Dicor roof; at least according to their info. Their products do not contain petroleum distillates (distillates are a no-no on EPDM roofing materials). I contacted Dicor yesterday and they gave me an 800 number for a west coast distributor for their product lines; and according to the Dicor folks, I can buy directly from them if their is no retailer in our area. The 303 line however, is sold through CW & Ace Hardware.
tweir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2004, 09:36 AM   #5
BillyRay
Montana Master

M.O.C. #607
I just use car soap and a soft car brush...works fine.
BillyRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2004, 10:25 AM   #6
Thunderman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #920
Just use Dawn or a comparable dish washing detergent. Works great and is listed in my manual as a cleaner to use.
Thunderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2004, 10:01 PM   #7
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
I just spent 2 hours today cleaning the roof. After being at the lake since April it was in need of a good cleaning. I used Thetford premium rubber roof cleaner and conditioner. The marina has gravel roads and the dust really gets kicked up, not to mention we have temps that reach over 100+. The roof was a really bad off white almost brownish color when I started, and now it is back to its white original color. This stuff really works great. Thetford claims deep cleans, conditions and protects. Along with UV blocker to help roof stay looking new longer. Have to take the coach in tomorrow for winterization and then off to the garage for storage till spring. Will find out next spring/summer how it works. Dealership really recommended this stuff.
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote