Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 05-20-2005, 01:59 PM   #1
Ronald
Established Member

M.O.C. #2309
blongo ball

Does anyone have any informaion on making one of those games called blongo ball. Its made with PVC pipe and I think golf balls tied together, It looks like you must throw the balls at the rack and get them to wind around. I would like the rules and how to make one.

Thanks
Ron and Ann from Wisconsin

Ronald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2005, 03:30 PM   #2
campbud
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3142
Ron My BIL made a set. He did order the golf balls off Ebay I believe. If I can get a hold of him, I will post the info on how to make. We all enjoy this game!
campbud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2005, 04:43 PM   #3
Montana_2753
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2753
Ronald:

The game goes by several names and you can buy the game for about $40.00, OR you can go to the link below and get plans and rules for FREE!! This one is called "Dandy Golf", but I've seen it as Blongo, Bolo Golf, Ladder Golf, Snake Golf. There may be some variances in "rules" but like "Mexican Train", as long as all players agree to the rules, there shouldn't be a problem.

http://www.teamdandy.com/projects/dandygolf/

You can also Google these various names and check out the rules. Some sites have balls or "bolos" of various colors you can order.
Hope this helps.

Bruce
Montana_2753 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2005, 08:12 AM   #4
campbud
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3142
Here you go: Swedish Golf
I have seen this game around several parks. I do not know its origin. The fellow I got this from seemed confident that he had the equipment and rules correct. I think the only problem is that the measurements are American and the Swedes use metric.

Equipment:
The blue rectangle is the base. It is made from 4 elbows and PVC pipe. There are 2 of these.

The orange rectangle is the vertical gantry (also made from PVC pipe). There are 2 elbows and 6 Tees.

8 - Golf ball sets, center drilled, with 1-foot thong connector, 4-each of red and white.

Needed:
4- 10-foot, Schedule 40, ¾ inch PVC pipe
10-90-degree PVC angles, ¾ inch
12 - 90-degree PVC Tees, ¾ inch
16 - golf balls (not liquid-filled)
8 - 16-inch leather thongs (leather shoes laces)

Construction:
The two hangers are assembled from cut PVC pipe sections. If you wish to glue components, glue all joints except the 2 foot cross pieces of both the base and the gantry. This gives maximum strength with the ability to collapse the hangers into a compact box.

Drill a hole through each golf ball and thread a thong through pairs of matching colors. Tie a knot in each end of each thong. The knot should be large enough to not pull through. Another knot should be tied against the ball on the inside of the thong. The hole should be large enough to thread the thong and no larger. Wet the thongs to get them to tighten. The distance between ball centers is 12 inches.

Setup:
The hangers are placed with a distance of 21 feet between the vertical gantries. An easy tool is an 18-foot rope tied to the front crosspiece of each hanger.

The left or right long sides of the hangers should form a straight line. This makes it convenient to throw straight across to the opposing hanger. The throwing line is the extension of the gantry of the closer hanger.

A sand bag on the closer crossbar of the hanger will stabilize the hanger when the balls are thrown.

Play:
There are two teams, red and blue.

The first person to throw is from the team scoring the highest on the previous set.

That player tosses the balls to the opposing hanger until all three balls are tossed.

The other player then tosses his three balls.

Score is counted after all balls are tossed.

Scoring:
The winner is the first team to get exactly 21 points.

If a team exceeds 21 points, their score is reduced to 10 points.

2 ball sets of different colors on the same crossbar cancel each other and no score is given the 2 sets.

Alternatives
Use 1 inch PVC pipe in the place of the ¾ inch. In this case the base Teal pieces are omitted and the corners are replaced with end caps.

Score such that the top and bottom crossbar count for 2 and the middle crossbar counts for 1.

campbud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2005, 05:08 AM   #5
BillyRay
Montana Master

M.O.C. #607
it is alot of fun, we play it alot.
BillyRay is offline   Reply With Quote