Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 03-06-2005, 01:06 PM   #1
harleyrider
Montana Master

M.O.C. #627
space betwwen tires

I looked at the roto chocks and think they are probably the way to go.Is the space between the tires on the Montanas the same on all models?And what is the space in inches?My Montana is still at the dealers for warrenty work,so I don`t have access to the spacing.Thanks for your help

harleyrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2005, 01:13 PM   #2
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
harleyrider,

Would suggest you wait till you can measure YOUR Montana. We have the roto chocks, they are great, BUT, after we had some axle work done, they no longer fit, and we had to order new parts, and it was not real cheap, about $60.00 to replace the parts that no longer fit. That was for 2 roto chocks.

You will get great delivery and service if you call the company and talk to Pearl, but you really need to measure YOUR rig, YOURSELF!

Enjoy the roto chocks, they do a great job!

CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2005, 02:50 PM   #3
harleyrider
Montana Master

M.O.C. #627
Al & Carol

Thanks for your reply.I figured I would need the exact measurement.Don`t want to order the wrong size thats for sure.
Old 03-06-2005, 10:39 PM   #4
foggyb
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1351
We only know the situation on 2 models. 2955 has lots of room, 3400rl dose not have enough for them. Tells us you had better check your own b4 buying. Dan
foggyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2005, 02:21 AM   #5
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
Al tells me that roto chock can make custom blocks, and that they can get a block that will fit between any set of trailer wheels. Give them a call with your measurement. You do not need to buy the entire set up, they will make you the parts that you need to change over to your new measurements. (BTW, block is not the proper term, I am sure )

The way he is explaining it to me over my shoulder, if your wheels turn, they have something to fit between them??

We have no connection to the product or their employees, in case anyone was wondering, Al just likes his a LOT!

Good luck

Carol
CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2005, 04:06 AM   #6
Thunderman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #920
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by harleyrider

I looked at the roto chocks and think they are probably the way to go.Is the space between the tires on the Montana's the same on all models?And what is the space in inches?My Montana is still at the dealers for warranty work,so I don`t have access to the spacing.Thanks for your help
Harleyrider,
How long has your 5er been at the dealers for warranty work? Seems like it has been a while. Last I remember you were having trouble with the roof coming loose?

Hopefully not much longer, good luck!
Thunderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2005, 11:50 AM   #7
harleyrider
Montana Master

M.O.C. #627
Weldon & Carolyn

Thanks for asking about my Montana.Yes its still at the dealers.2 monthes yesterday.As a matter of fact I called them up today after hearing every body raving on the "fantastic Fans" And told them to put one in the bed room and one in the hallway across from the shower.The roof has been taking care of so they say.They put longer screws in the front fiberglass cap to reattach it to the rubber roof.And recaulked the seam.As far as the bubbles on the roof not sure what they did for those.Didn`t really want to push the issue with this NEW dealer yet.But they did tell me they are addressing all the issues I have told them about my Montana.They did tell me that they beefed up the frame around the bed room slide and replaced the whole fiberglass on that side.They told me that much to their surprize that it matched the rest of the trailer.The washer/dryer is in with the vent also.So all and all I am pretty happy with the progress.Its still cold there and I`am not in that much of a hurry to get it home.Thwy also told me that its inside in one of their bays.I surly will post here when I do get it home.Enough though its been down their 2 monthes I have a good feeling that the repairs are being done right by a good dealership.
Old 03-08-2005, 06:04 PM   #8
Thunderman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #920
harleyrider,
Glad to hear they are making progress with the 5er. I was just curious as I did remember you taking it in some time ago. Hopefully it will be ready very soon. Good luck!
Thunderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2005, 03:50 AM   #9
Chester
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #908
Harleyrider, the advice is good to measure the distance between the tires on your fiver. We had a 2000 Montana 2750 RK with 16" wheels (optional from 15") and the space between the tires was much less than I saw on most other Montanas.
Chester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2005, 05:27 AM   #10
Searchers
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1685
Harleyrider,
I too suggest you measure your particular unit. It seems the smaller earlier model Montanas that were deilivered with 15" rims and tires had a center to center axle spacing of 33", and the larger units had an axle spacing of 35" with 16" rims. At some point a few were produced and delivered with the 33" spacing and 16" rims. Depending on the tire size there may be as little as 1" clearance between the tire tread surfaces.

Chester,
It sounds like your 2750 had the 33"spacing and 16" rim/tire combo. Did you have any problems with this set up? I'm considering changing to a larger diameter rims/tire combo and can save some $$$ by not relocating the axles.
Thanks,
Don
Searchers is offline   Reply With Quote