Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 11-13-2018, 08:17 PM   #1
Snoopy
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #18896
Send a message via MSN to Snoopy Send a message via Yahoo to Snoopy
slide roof bubbles

Well it finally happened. Just picked up my 331rl from some warranty repairs today. It has sat at the dealers for over 5 weeks uncovered. Now at least two of my slides have bubbles just under the slide motors . have already sent pictures to the dealer to start a warranty claim.

Now for my question, what steps need to be taken to have the new roofs, not patches on my slides? Any and all help will be appreciated. And yes I am planning on calling Keystone in the morning.

Thanks
Snoopy

Snoopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 12:58 AM   #2
jeffba
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20753
A lot depends on your dealer. If they can insist that the membrane needs to be replaced when they submit the paperwork, nothing needs to be done by you.
2018 Ford F-350 Lariat CCLB PSD DRW KJ5CQH
jeffba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 08:01 AM   #3
Al D.
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #22417
I am currently going through the same issue. I saw the claim the dealer submitted to Keystone for roof replacement but Keystone only approved a patch job. I still have a couple of bubbles and the patch job looks like .......well lets just say it's not pretty. Waiting on response back from dealer and Keystone.
Don't think for a minute that you don't have to do a thing. Follow up, Follow up and then, oh yes, follow up.
Keystone is very aware of the issue.
Good Luck.
Al D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 03:54 PM   #4
Snoopy
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #18896
Send a message via MSN to Snoopy Send a message via Yahoo to Snoopy
Talked with customer this morning, informed them of the problem. It is bubbled on all three slides tops. Informed them that I would not accept patches on my slides.
Their response so far was It will be repaired as per industry standards.. I told the young lady if their standards say to patch it, expect a law suite.

Any body interested in a class action law Suite

I understand from reading this and other forms, that this is a common problem that has happened to many rv's.

Would like to hear a count of how many patches have been done to fix this problem.
Thanks
Bob Biegel
Snoopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 06:50 PM   #5
Jamesb
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #21011
Snoopy, if you haven’t seen all my posts on this, I am in the same vote. All mine have bubbled. It goes back to the dealer this month for several small final warranty repairs. My dealer is real good, not a CW. I am following all this to decide how to handle mine. Pros and Cons of calling Keystone, and such. Keystone is intentionally cutting a hole in your membrane and patching it. What if I did that? After 3 years and the patch rubs loose, is the original rubber roof 10 year or however long still cover this? Keystone going to cover it? Really not satisfied with Keystone’s responses. Kind of a let down. Keep us posted.
Old 11-28-2018, 01:07 PM   #6
Flipper

M.O.C. #22151
I just noticed all three of my side gear boxes have leaked and damaged the rubber roof on my 2018 352RL high country. Lucky me it is just a month or two out of warranty. Also the hinge on the basement door broke (I already had to replace the other side a few months back). I already called keystone and they said to have the dealer submit a claim even though it is out of warranty and they will review it. I'm waiting to hear back. I explained to keystone this is the 22nd listed problem with my rig in only 1 year, and let them know that I now understand why they only give you a 1 year warranty.
Flipper is offline   Reply With Quote