Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 09-12-2004, 06:06 PM   #1
Trailer Trash 2
Montana Master

M.O.C. #639
Wallie World Parking

The week before last there was a topic about parking overnight in Wal-Mart Parking lots for a period of 3 days max, it was also on the news about some cities not allowing it. was it removed from the Forum by the moderator? and if it was why?

Old 09-12-2004, 06:40 PM   #2
D and M On The Road
Montana Master

M.O.C. #49
Hmmmmmmm.... I haven't seen any recent topics about Wal-Mart RV parking. Maybe I missed it? I know we have had some discussion in the past about it that could be found by utilizing the search feature here.

The admin and moderators don't have a history of removing topics unless they are highly inappropriate. I can't imagine why a topic on Wal-Mart parking would be removed.

Anyone else?

I just want to add that the Admin and Moderators here should be commended for their management of the forum. They go above and beyond to keep this very friendly and flame-free.
D and M On The Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2004, 08:14 PM   #3
Montana_1520
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1520
Hi TT2,
We agree that there have been lots of messages about Wal-Mart but we don't remember seeing about anything on 3-day restrictions. You're right about some cities not allowing the overnight stay in their Wal-Marts...usually it's posted on every lampost in the parking lot if it is against the rules.
#29 fans Chuck and Linda Clements
Posey, CA
04 3670RL Big Sky
04 Chevy 3500 CC Dually 4WD Duramax/Allison
Montana_1520 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2004, 08:51 PM   #4
Lady RV
Montana Master

M.O.C. #30
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Trailer Trash 2

The week before last there was a topic about parking overnight in Wal-Mart Parking lots for a period of 3 days max, it was also on the news about some cities not allowing it. was it removed from the Forum by the moderator? and if it was why?
D & M is right, we rarely take threads off the forum. I can only think of a couple of times since the beginning of the forum.

Trailer Trash 2, you simply didn't look very far or use the search feature. I found it with in a minute or so.

Here's the link...

Walmart Rules and Etiquette ??

And just in case...

Camping at Wal

And one more for good measure...

the Dark Side of Wal-Mart

The updated Forum Tutorial has a wealth of information, much of which has to do with the newest Version of the Software that is being used on the forum. Just write me if you'd like a copy.

Have a great week everyone!
Lady RV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2004, 08:55 PM   #5
lightningjack11
Montana Master

M.O.C. #59
I never saw the post. I doubt that it would have been removed. Maybe Admin will let us know.

I see Lady RV just answered your question.
lightningjack11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2004, 08:25 PM   #6
Northstar
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1757
Thanks for the post. We need to be good customers of Wally-Mart. Meaning if we ask to stay--we must follow the rules. Happyrving......
Northstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2004, 08:34 PM   #7
dersequim
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #549
Some IDIOT stayed at our local WW for 2 weeks, he would leave for a day or so and come back. Set up his whole unit, slides, awning lawn furniture and BBQ. This was about three weeks ago. Went to WW 2 days ago and it is now posted 24hr. limit and DO NOT DUMP TANKS IN LOT.
THANKS A LOT BUDDY!! It was a well known Large Class A MH.
The Mgr there was very supportive of RV'ers up till now. I haven't had a chance to talk to him about this but will.
dersequim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2004, 06:27 PM   #8
Trailer Trash 2
Montana Master

M.O.C. #639
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by dersequim

Some IDIOT stayed at our local WW for 2 weeks, he would leave for a day or so and come back. Set up his whole unit, slides, awning lawn furniture and BBQ. This was about three weeks ago. Went to WW 2 days ago and it is now posted 24hr. limit and DO NOT DUMP TANKS IN LOT.
The Mgr there was very supportive of RV'ers up till now. I haven't had a chance to talk to him about this but will.

I agree, Some people will always take advantage of a good thing abuse it and make it diffacult for everybody else. But the topic on the news was about the 3 day restriction and no overnite parking in other cities. they also had a RVer that uses his GPS to locate WW in the area he was going he would stay there for the limit I guess then move on to another WW, he seemed pleased with himself not having to pay for any overnite camping, maybe his RV payment is to much for him or he is just a USER.

TT2
Old 09-14-2004, 07:23 PM   #9
D and M On The Road
Montana Master

M.O.C. #49
The Wal-Mart Corporation has an official statement regarding RV parking at Wal-Mart stores. Here is the complete statement (as of 9/14/04) from the Wal-Mart Website:

"Wal-Mart permits recreational-vehicle (RV) parking on our store lots, as we are able. The ability to accommodate RVs is determined on a store-by-store basis, contingent upon available space, local regulations and ordinances".

Below is a list of etiquette for Wal-Mart RVers that was posted on another RV site:

(1) Always go in and ask for permission if you arrive during store hours. If you'll be arriving after hours and already know that you'll be staying at the store, call the store ahead of time for permission. Always get the name of the person you talked with.

(2) If you arrive without permission after the store is closed, park in the furthermost corner away from the store. Look to see if there are signs that prohibit RV parking, if so, move on. Be prepared to be asked to leave during the night if you don't have prior permission. You might also be issued a citation by the local law.

(3) It's okay to open the slide-outs, but do not put down stabilizer legs, supports or jacks as they damage the asphalt parking lot surface.

(4) Never cook outside of your rig.

(5) Never put outside any chairs, or other personal belongings. Do not open your awning. In otherwords, the only thing you own that should be visible is the RV and the vehicle towing it.

(6) No loud music or tv. Try to be as quiet as possible.

(7) It's okay to use your generator in extremely short intervals. Never run it for more than absolutely necessary, and never after 10pm at night or before 8am in the morning.

(8) If traveling with children, do not let them run around and play in the parking lot.

(9) The dumping of ANY tanks in the parking lot is not okay. Report anyone who does to the store management right away.

(10) Don't unhook your tow vehicle or towed-vehicle and leave the RV. This is not a campgound. It is okay to unhook however, if you have repairs that need to be made to the tow vehicle and you are taking it to a local shop for the repairs. Put something under all your supports so they don't damage the parking lot surface. Discuss it with the store manager so that they know what is going on and they also may be able to direct you to a local reputable repair shop.

(11) Never do any repair work in the lot.

(12) Be good neighbors to the store. Purchase something during your time there.

(13) Never stay more than one night. Period.
If you have a reason that it's absolutely necessary, discuss it with the store manager.

(14) Leave the area cleaner than you found it. Do not dump your trash in Wal-Mart's outside garbage cans. Take your trash with you.

It all makes very good sense, doesn't it? We the RVers, should do everything possible so that Wal-Mart continues this gracious policy in towns where there aren't ordinances prohibiting it.

D and M On The Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2004, 12:41 AM   #10
harleyrider
Montana Master

M.O.C. #627
To stay 2 weeks in a parking lot in wal-mart is ridiclous.Talk about taken advantage of a good thing.And being in a class A that probably cost 100 grand or more.To save what a couple hundred bucks if he went to a near by camp gound.Geezzzzz.Well at least he didn`t dump his tanks on the parking lot.

guys like that will ruin for all of us that might want to stop and rest for the night.
harleyrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2004, 04:13 AM   #11
Montana_621
Montana Master

M.O.C. #621
YUCK! Why in the world would you WANT to stay in a WW parking lot unless you had too or just needed a little bit of sleep? A lot of the Wal-Marts around here aren't in the best neighborhoods so staying overnight in their parking lot would be a little scary.

To me, staying in a WW parking lot is not camping. Sorry if I offend anyone but sleeping in the parking lot is one thing and setting up "camp" is another....

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Trailer Trash 2

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by dersequim

I agree, Some people will always take advantage of a good thing abuse it and make it diffacult for everybody else. But the topic on the news was about the 3 day restriction and no overnite parking in other cities. they also had a RVer that uses his GPS to locate WW in the area he was going he would stay there for the limit I guess then move on to another WW, he seemed pleased with himself not having to pay for any overnite camping, maybe his RV payment is to much for him or he is just a USER.

TT2
Montana_621 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2004, 04:50 AM   #12
DHenry
Montana Master

M.O.C. #496
This guy gets (12) and is a
DHenry is offline   Reply With Quote