Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 02-05-2007, 02:21 PM   #1
marisolwithsol
Established Member

M.O.C. #6087
Warranty Experts Promotion?

We were looking into EW's and have pretty much decided we want to go with Warranty Experts, but I had a question for you all.

Jason Flowers with WE mentioned that they have a promotion (until the 15th of Feb.), that anyone who signs up/buys will get a free cruise - to only particular locations of course - and the only fees we would be responsible for were taxes and port taxes/duties. We would have to get ourselves there, but they covered 2 nights hotel for the night before departure and the night after arrival.

He said there was no 90 minute lecture/thing that you had to sit through, but man, I'm just a little leary. What's the catch? Anyone else get this promotion and find it to be okay?

Marisol

marisolwithsol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 02:55 PM   #2
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
We have EW..we did not get a free cruise. We got the seven year contract..My question would be how much are you being asked to pay for the coverage...We paid 1,014.00 11/10/06..
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 03:10 PM   #3
marisolwithsol
Established Member

M.O.C. #6087
My husband has it written down somewhere, but I seem to remember that it was between $950-$1100 and I'm pretty sure it wasn't any more than that. I'm going to have to go double check now. This was also for the 7 year contract with a $50 ded.

Jason did say that it was a limited promotion and that some people were opting out of it, hmmm. A free cruise to the Bahamas or not? Seems like a "duh" choice, but was curious of others experiences.

Marisol
Old 02-06-2007, 10:11 AM   #4
BillyRay
Montana Master

M.O.C. #607
I don't believe in them. Just one persons opinion.
BillyRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 12:45 PM   #5
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Folks may be opting out because they are still working, etc and can not take the time off to do it. It sounds ok if they are not jacking up the price of the policy.. .
Old 02-06-2007, 03:37 PM   #6
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
Call me cynical if you like, but there are no free lunches. If I have a product worthy of your confidence, why should I use a gimmick to garner your business. When these kinds of offers come my way, I look closely at what is being offered and what is expected.

In this offer, if I understand it right, the offer is basically to pay the hotel bill, but you have to "get yourself there." Airfare is usually the most expensive part of travel. What does two or three "free" nights include? If is basically just the hotel bill, not much is being offered. My opinion, smoke and mirrors. My opinion again, if this company is having to resort to this kind of marketing, either they are struggling for business and/or they have gotten some poor third party marketing advice.

My question to myself would be, "Would I spend the money (excluding the hotel bill) to make this trip if I didn't have this free hotel bill?" If the answer is, "No", then I am back to smoke and mirrors.

stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 03:55 AM   #7
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
You would have to get "where" yourself??? on the cruses we have taken the air faire to the port of debarkation was not part of the cruise..we had to pay airfare to get to Miami.Airfare may have been part of the package..but it was at a extra cost.A cruise is ..you go somewhere get on a ship and go, in this case to the Bahamas. The cruise includes..the ship, meals on the ship, hotel room. Taxes, port fees,duties are always extra cost. Stiles is correct..nothing is for free.I would be doing a lot of homework and asking many questions.. If it sounds to good to be true...then it is to good to be true ...may apply.
Old 02-07-2007, 07:08 AM   #8
Mudchief
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4961
A lot of car dealers around here have done this. It is a short 3 day cruise and they only have to pay the cruise line if you take the cruise. Most people when they look at the cost involved of getting to and from the location just say it's not worth the cost for 3 days. The cruise is normally during the week so you can not get the good airfare that you get when you stay over a Saturaday.
1200 watts of Solar
Mudchief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 07:35 AM   #9
Cat320
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5751
Tell the seller to take his cost of the cruise off the price of the EW.
Cat320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 02:05 PM   #10
marisolwithsol
Established Member

M.O.C. #6087
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Cat320

Tell the seller to take his cost of the cruise off the price of the EW.
Hmmm... this might be a good idea, lol.

My understanding was that the cruise was through carnival for 3 or 4 nights depending where you went - CA or FL. It included 2 nights hotel in addition to the cruise, so one night before departure and one night after arrival.

My thought was the same as someone else mentioned, the cost to get there might be a deterrent. But, it doesn't take too long or cost too much to drive down to Miami, and seeing as though we have a 5er, we have gotten used to the driving. There's no way we'd fly down, too much money.

We're still chewing on it, but I appreciate the thoughts and ideas!

Marisol