Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 06-25-2005, 03:35 AM   #1
GoChips
Established Member

M.O.C. #3762
Mickey, Minnie and Monty

Just returned from a week at Disney World with daughter, son-in-law and two grandchildren (7 & 4). You can imagine the excitement on our first full day there when we were chosen as the "Opening Family" for the Magic Kingdom!! If any of you have had prior experience at waiting for the gates to open at 9:00, you will remember that Mickey, Minnie and their cast of character friends, along with a family rode the train into the main entrance and the opening ceremonies then took place, followed by a count-down and throwing pixie dust. With all the hoopla over, the gates then opened. What a magical experience even for us, the grandparents, to see the bright eyes and huge smiles on our grandchildrens' faces.

If that wasn't enough excitement, our 2006 3400 Monty is waiting for us at the dealer and we will be bringing her home next Thursday. Our plan is to head west, ending in Seattle to spend time (and show off Monty) to our son.

We hope to see many of you along the way!!

GoChips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2005, 03:43 AM   #2
Montana_70
Montana Master

M.O.C. #70
Congratulations on your big dose of Pixie Dust. Being the avid disney fan that I am I can relate to your excitement of being the chosen family. What a great memory for all of you! Magical!!!

Was this a FW stay? Did you get to ride Sorin at Epcot?

Congrats on the new 2006 Monty too! I just love the 3400 floor plan! We will be wanting to hear all about it and any new features too.
Montana_70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2005, 04:32 AM   #3
Iowafan
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #3419
Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your wonderful adventure. Enjoy your new Montana...you've chosen a great floorplan. Don't forget to blink your headlights at the other Montys that you see as you travel. Then you'll know they're on the forum, too. Have a great trip. Judy
Iowafan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2005, 05:08 AM   #4
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Wow, that's exciting! Don't you just love it when grandkids get excited like that? Exciting for you getting the new Montana, too!

I don't know what route you plan from Michigan to Seattle but if you go through Hungry Horse, MT, on US 2, we'll be there 7/14 until 8/14. We'll be at Mountain Meadow RV Park, right on US 2. Hungry Horse is just outside the SW side of Glacier National Park and east of Columbia Falls, MT. If you pass that way and have a chance to stop, we'd love to meet you.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2005, 05:15 AM   #5
DHenry
Montana Master

M.O.C. #496
We can't wait to enjoy what you just did with our granddaughter. She turns one next month so we have time to prepare. Congradulations on your new Montana. Enjoy your travels.
DHenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2005, 05:20 AM   #6
Go Pokes
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1645
What a great experience to be the family chosen to open WDW. We are leaving on the July 13 for two weeks of magic and pixie dust at WDW with our 2 grandsons, dauaghter and son-in-law. This will be our first expereince at Fort Wilderness. You will love the 3400.
Go Pokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2005, 05:30 AM   #7
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
Just a fantastic way to start the Great Montana Adventure!!! Happy trails....
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2005, 12:50 PM   #8
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
Wally and Margo,

I was just thinking today, I need to write and ask cousin Walt WHEN that new Montana is in! Now, I know! HA HA! This is fab!!

Your Micky Minnie experience sounds priceless. I hope someone took GREAT photos! Even if not, you have GREAT memories! MARVELOUS!

Carol and Al
CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2005, 02:23 PM   #9
bob n pam
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2121
What fun! I can't wait until our granddaughter is old enough to go to see the mouse. Congrats on your new rig and welcome to the forum.
bob n pam is offline   Reply With Quote