Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > On the Road Again
Click Here to Login

Old 04-24-2010, 05:32 PM   #1
boylanag
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5965
Made it to Casper

Yesterday, we moved from Provo, UT to Rawlins, WY. The day started out with so much rain and mist that we could not see the beautiful snowcapped mountains that surrounded our CG in Provo. The rain soon was mixing with snow. Not far into Wyoming, we stopped for fuel at a TA and got my feet very wet in about three inches of slush in the area around the pumps. Get set up in Rawlins in the slushy rain. This morning, Sunshine woke me for our morning walk and we discovered snow on our steps and the rain puddles from last night had a skin of ice on top. I-80 was closed at Rawlins because of the snow at Elk Mountain and the semis were backed up further that could be seen. The sun was out and melted the snow and ice and the roads were dry so we left around noon for Casper. The state highway was dry and clear and we made it in about two hours. We are visiting with my son, who lives here, and will leave Wednesday for Little Big Horn, which we missed when we came through here last spring. We are coming out of this journey with a real love for The West.

boylanag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 07:04 PM   #2
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
Jim,
Glad to hear that you made it to your son's place. Hopefully the snow and weather will have turned to nice and dry by the time you are ready to move.

I'm happy to hear that the West has won another convert. There is a lot of beautiful scenery out this direction. If you haven't been to the OR / WA coast area then you've got another whole section of the country to fall in love with.

Have a safe journey the rest of the way home.
Dennis and Mary Kay
HamRad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 05:44 AM   #3
dwstockman
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7272
Jim,
I sent you a PM and I'm glad to hear that you made it to Casper safely.
Give us a call if you have time.

Don and Wendy
Casper, Wyoming

dwstockman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 05:38 PM   #4
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
I've said it many times and will say it again, even though it's just my opinion - the East is beautiful but the West is spectacular. There is just so much beauty to see in this country. Glad to hear your trip is going well, Jim and Carol.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 02:22 PM   #5
grampachet
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8045
And don't forget to add Super Natural British Columbia to your picture book of God's beautiful creations. ;>)
grampachet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 02:48 PM   #6
boylanag
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5965
Grampa, we would love to do just that!
boylanag is offline   Reply With Quote