Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HEY KEYSTONE! > What I'd like to say if...
Click Here to Login

Old 06-14-2018, 09:59 AM   #1
Montana Man
Montana Master

M.O.C. #21963
What I'd like to say if...

I dare you Keystone to maintain a presence and provide actual responses on this forum.

Montana Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 10:31 AM   #2
Eagleback
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15731
Crickets.
2017, 3500 Ram Big Horn, 4x4, Crew Cab, DRW, Aisin Transmission, 4:10. Curt Q20, 2014 Mountaineer 331 RLT, Sailun's on the rv and truck.
Eagleback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 11:02 AM   #3
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montana Man View Post
I dare you Keystone to maintain a presence and provide actual responses on this forum.
Keystone has nothing to do with this forum. We know they do read it.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 11:48 AM   #4
jeffba
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20753
X2 Richfaa

but really why would they provide responses? Let's face it, forums and social media can be a hateful place.
When working with a member of our HOA board on how to get the word out to everyone on a mistake the board made. The board member did not want post on FB. she opted to write a piece for the correction. Just because she did not to subject herself the flaming. I have always said, the most hated person in the neighborhood is in the HOA board.
2018 Ford F-350 Lariat CCLB PSD DRW KJ5CQH
jeffba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 12:38 PM   #5
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
They can gain a lot by seeing what's posted here, but would gain nothing by posting here. I can tell you that when I knew some of the top people, I was ask a couple of times to get contact information on someone that was posting about issues here and based on the thank you's I recieved they did contact the folks involved.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 07:14 PM   #6
rslopez65
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #19789
I know for a fact that someone from Keystone does monitor these forums. I posted about a problem with our 50 amp cord coming apart at the end that plugs into the campground post. Someone from Keystone read about my problem, asked me to send him photos and he would have someone from Keystone contact me. He followed up to make sure someone did. They are shipping me a new cord to replace the damaged one. This took three business days to get taken care of. The lady I spoke with at Keystone was very friendly and extremely helpful. I am not sure any other RV manufacturer could have done a better job to make things right. Kudos go out from me to Keystone.
Old 06-14-2018, 10:21 PM   #7
Montana Man
Montana Master

M.O.C. #21963
It is good to hear that Keystone has responded to some of our concerns. Lucky you but not so much for others with much more serious problems. Superior customer service isn't easy. If they really cared enough initial quality would be much higher. Attention to real issues would be addressed and resolved.

I've had two units, a 2004 and 2016. If my new one had the quality of the old
one, that would be wonderful. I do my own repairs but many folks don't have the ability and I feel for them. Especially the ones whose rv is their retirement dream.
Montana Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 08:15 AM   #8
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
We do not think the build quality of our 2013 3402 big sky is any better than our 06 3400.There are more electronics and more glitz but issues that were around in 06 are still here in 2018.Build quality as we see and expect in the auto industry never existed in the RV industry.

RV buyers need to become educated on RV's before they purchase. IMO the RV buyer thinks that the quality will be the same as the auto industry.The average RV buyer knows little about the RV product they are purchasing and we sold them at large RV shows .

Keystone responded to all of our issues not always 100% in our favor but IMO were fair.

It also depends on your usage the low end user will have less issues than folks like us and full timers that are very high end users.

The kind of build quality i expect would drive a Rv company out of business and raise the cost to a level most could not afford. Just our opinion.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 02:31 PM   #9
CaptnJohn
Montana Master

M.O.C. #19865
Quote:
Originally Posted by DQDick View Post
They can gain a lot by seeing what's posted here, but would gain nothing by posting here. I can tell you that when I knew some of the top people, I was ask a couple of times to get contact information on someone that was posting about issues here and based on the thank you's I recieved they did contact the folks involved.
There are a couple that quietly monitor their model on the Forest River Owners Forum. On a rare occasion they will contact a poster by PM. On an extremely rare occasion they will post. NOW~~~ the General Manager of FR Dynamax is observing 7 days a week. He will post daily, often several times. He is most often helpful but IMO does it more for his ego as many owners worship him.
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote