Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 08-02-2008, 10:10 AM   #1
ray fischer
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3760
critter in rear wall

We're hearing a critter running and scratching in the rear wall of our mountaineer 348rls. We can hear it inside high in the rear wall as well as outside low inside the wall. We have the rear bumper/slide out bike rack. Can't figure how it got in, or how to get rid of it. Will it eat wires etc? Any suggestions of what to do appreciated. Thanks and God Bless, Ray

ray fischer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 11:39 AM   #2
SlickWillie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6575
If you try to access from the bottom, you will have to cut the belly membrane (corrugated abs). On our 06 it is a one piece under belly, with the back tucked up under the rear wall. My dealer had cut mine partially, so I finished the cut, and put a flat aluminum bar across the membrane at the rear. You can see what I'm talking about by looking at the front, as it has aluminum holding it. Perhaps the critter crawled up through where the rear tail light wiring goes into the wall. Seal it up, and see how long you hear it.
SlickWillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 04:21 PM   #3
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
Yes! When the critter gets hungry it will eat anything it may think is nourishment. Also, if you have water lines in that area ti will eat through those cheap hoses to get water. A rat or squirrel will gnaw through PVC to get to water if it needs to.

Good luck.
Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote