Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 02-08-2008, 07:05 AM   #1
G McCall
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5206
New Kitchen Faucet ?

Who has replaced their kitchen Faucet ?

Where did you buy it, Model and brand ? Pictures ?

I am thinking about replacing mine. Probably remove mine first and take it with me to purchase a replacement. Any Advise would be appreciated.

Thanks

G McCall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 07:19 AM   #2
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
Can't remember the model or brand, it came from Home Depot for about $180.00. Here is what it looks like:

Bingo

Bingo and Cathy - Our adventures begin in the hills of WV. We are blessed by our 2014 3850FL Big Sky (previous 2011 3750FL and 2007 3400RL) that we pull with a 2007 Chevy Silverado Classic DRW CC dually.
bncinwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 10:08 AM   #3
SlickWillie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6575
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by G McCall

Who has replaced their kitchen Faucet ?

Where did you buy it, Model and brand ? Pictures ?

I am thinking about replacing mine. Probably remove mine first and take it with me to purchase a replacement. Any Advise would be appreciated.

Thanks
We caught one on clearance at Lowe's for less than $30; regular $130. White, single lever w/pull out spout. So nice to fill the coffee pot. Price-Pfister I believe. It came with a soap dispenser, but I chunked it. Too hard to remove that thing to refill it.
SlickWillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 12:55 PM   #4
FlashG
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #7971
The soap dispenser is easy to fill. Just lift the spout and fill from the top.
FlashG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 02:02 PM   #5
Emmel
Montana Master

M.O.C. #808
Bout the same as Slickwillie, Lowes on sale with the pull out spout. Also changed the bathroom fixture with a taller one, had problems trying to rinse my face after shaving. Now, it is tall enough I can splash my face without getting water all over the floor.
Like I said before, watch for sales at Lowes or Home Depot or places like Menards.
Oh, I forgot, real easy to change out and I kept the ones I took out so if we ever trade, I will reinstall the originals to use these better ones again.
Emmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 05:12 AM   #6
RC and Samantha
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2
Send a message via AIM to RC and Samantha Send a message via Yahoo to RC and Samantha
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by bncinwv

Can't remember the model or brand, it came from Home Depot for about $180.00. Here is what it looks like:

Bingo

We have that faucet in our stick house kitchen. I love it. It's made by Pegasus. We've had it for two years now and it gets a whole lotta use. It's not held up as well as we'd have liked. The rubber over the button to change it from a stream to a spray has cracked and so has the pull out part a bit. Amazingly the pull out is actually plastic. I do love the operation of the faucet and the way the single handle lever works.

We also replaced the one in the camper with this one.

We didn't use the plate on the bottom and I really love the way this one works since you can push a button and it will stay on the spray mode which the one in our kitchen will not.

I would go outside and take a photo in the camper but it's twenty some below wind chill factors here right now. Brrrr

Patty
RC and Samantha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 07:46 AM   #7
ols1932
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1944
I replaced ours with a Peerless faucet I purchased at Lowe's for $69.
ols1932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 04:30 AM   #8
jackel1959
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2471
Here is a link to one of my posts about a month ago on replacing both the kitchen and bathroom faucet. If you need any further info let me know and I will be happy to provide it.
http://www.montanaowners.com/forums/...ad.php?t=26561

Jack
Old 02-12-2008, 04:21 AM   #9
Snownyet
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6077
That last picture is a Delta, have 2 in our home and love em.
Snownyet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 08:09 AM   #10
G McCall
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5206
Okay I do have a question.

I looked at some faucets at Home Depot and discovered that the lines coming out of these new faucets are copper lines and do not bend.
The lines coming from my old faucet that came with the trailer are " flex lines".

I will check my trailer after work tonight, but did everyone's original lines in their trailer flex enough to hook up to the new faucet copper lines ? Any alterations to be made ? Are the fittings the same ?.

(I did not have my old unit with me as I had not planned to go shopping)
Old 02-12-2008, 08:23 AM   #11
SlickWillie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6575
Quote:

I looked at some faucets at Home Depot and discovered that the lines coming out of these new faucets are copper lines and do not bend.
The lines coming from my old faucet that came with the trailer are " flex lines".

I will check my trailer after work tonight, but did everyone's original lines in their trailer flex enough to hook up to the new faucet copper lines ? Any alterations to be made ? Are the fittings the same ?.

Mine was a snap to install. Hardest thing was reaching up under the sink. IIRC the new faucet should have a couple 3/8 copper pipes stubbed out with male threaded adapters soldered on them. Flex line nuts with rubber/plastic ferrules should screw right on to them.
SlickWillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 02:23 PM   #12
jackel1959
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2471
I had to shorten(i.e. cut the supply lines) for the bathroom install, but the fittings that are on the supply lines you cut (if you have to cut them) can be reused. The copper lines coming off the new faucet will thread into your current fittings with no problem. If you have any other questions don't hesitate to ask.
Jack
Quote:

Old 02-13-2008, 01:27 AM   #13
G McCall
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5206
Update

After looking under my cabinet I have determined that the copper lines coming out of the new faucets (that I have looked at) don't bend and are pointed straight down. The supply lines under my sink are fairly stiff and pointed at about a 30° angle. I was not able to bend the supply lines at all so that the supply line fittings would point up. Looks like I have one of the rare installs that will take some alterations. I may be able to purchase some flex extension lines to connect between the new copper faucet lines and the service connection.
Old 02-14-2008, 01:15 AM   #14
G McCall
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5206
UPDATE and it is not good.....
I am discovering that the service connection from my trailer is a different style fitting than required for most of the home style kitchen faucets with flex lines that I am finding. NOW with that said, it seems like the faucets with copper lines had the right connection.... but then they want flex over to the right angle that my trailer lines are pointed...
NO PLUG AND PLAY for me.
OR another way to explain my problem....the connection fitting on the end of the service lines from my factory trailer faucet is a male type fitting and the connection fitting on the end of the service lines from the new kitchen faucet that I purchased are female type.

Looks like I will have to go to Plan ?? or call a plumber. A plumbing supply store could probably adapt the fittings.

OKAY, I have my old faucet in hand and will go back (to the stores) for more

THIS IS NOT GETTING ANY LESS COMPLICATED......all I wanted was a nice faucet ha
Old 02-14-2008, 04:13 AM   #15
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
That is odd, mine hooked up with no adapters and only took about twenty minutes to swap out. It did have the flex hoses on the new faucet.
Bingo
bncinwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 04:22 AM   #16
G McCall
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5206
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by bncinwv

That is odd, mine hooked up with no adapters and only took about twenty minutes to swap out. It did have the flex hoses on the new faucet.
Bingo

I am jealous
Old 02-19-2008, 05:34 AM   #17
G McCall
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5206
UPDATE:

Plumbing Supply Store could not help as my fittings were all Straight pipe fittings and all their fittings were NIP or something like that.

GAVE UP FOR NOW AND REINSTALLED MY OLD FAUCET.
Old 02-19-2008, 07:14 AM   #18
Bob & Lee
Montana Master

M.O.C. #718
I didnt have a problem the copper tubing was straight and I used a tubing bender to bend left and right so they would be shorter and connect.

Bob
Bob & Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 07:42 AM   #19
G McCall
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5206
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Bob & Lee

I didnt have a problem the copper tubing was straight and I used a tubing bender to bend left and right so they would be shorter and connect.

Bob

I have a tube bender and thought about trying to bend the faucets with copper supply lines and male end fitting.

The problem I found was that my RV fittings are straight pipe fittings and the fittings that I found on new kitchen faucets are different threads.
Old 02-19-2008, 08:05 AM   #20
D and M On The Road
Montana Master

M.O.C. #49
Get ToolManRoy to reply to this thread. They replaced their kitchen faucet and were *famous* at the 2005 Lake Siskiyou rally because of the one they replaced it with. We call it "Roy's kitchen kegerator" faucet. I think he got it at Costco.

D and M On The Road is offline   Reply With Quote